Crossroads is an organization with great vision seeking people who would be an exceptional addition to a talented, dedicated and enthusiastic ministry team all aimed toward helping us achieve the God-given
The Children's Ministry Operations Director will direct and oversee all operations, including weekend services, first time families, volunteer team management and events, of the Children’s Ministry department.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
• Oversee all operations of impact kids at all weekend services, ensuring the success of the weekend parent, kid and team experiences (connect with and know team members in all ministries)
• Directly oversee safety, host, follow up, and check in teams
• Serve as a primary communicator, caregiver, recruiter, trainer, and team builder to safety, host, follow up, and check in teams
• Respond to and resolve emergencies/urgent issues as they arise
• Ensure that facilities reflect a safe, professional, Christian environment.
First Time Families:
• Gather first time guest cards and develop and implement follow up processes in collaboration with the Crossroads Connection Team
• Ensure first time guests are hosted and given a first class hospitality experience and are followed up with during the week
• Provide reports on first time guests return attendance
• Initiate processes to connect with families/children not currently involved in CM, and integrate them into Children’s Ministries
Volunteer Team Management:
- Enlistment: Provide leadership in the ongoing recruitment of all Impact Kids team members (weekend/ /special events/etc). Ensure that all team members are properly screened utilizing established procedures, before placing for service.
- Equipping: Provide leadership in the training and enrichment of all team members. Provide oversight of orientation process and policies/procedures manual for team members to ensure safe ministry practices.
- Encouragement: Provide leadership in the continual appreciation and motivation of all team members.
- Coordinate with all staff in the accomplishment of this process.
- Directly supervise team members for events and/or other specialized roles.
• Respond to emails and phone call within 24-hour time frame regarding safety, host, or check in teams or any inquiry from guests
• Create feedback/observation systems to detect problems as early as possible and initiate interventions to solve the problems
• Create, implement, and evaluate all processes and systems within Children’s Ministry including Children’s check in and check out, team member check in, safety procedures, purchasing, etc. to enable uniformity and ease of operations. Communicate clearly
to all staff members once approved by the Children’s Pastor.
• Participate in annual budget preparation to ensure adequate funds for operation and team member development in impact kids ministry.
• Project manage special events [based on this, Stephanie should be the point person for all of VBS, leading the staff in implementation and accountability; currently she is doing one portion of VBS, like the rest of the staff]
• Generate reports and graphs as needed in CCB (or equivalent database) tracking.
• Provide leadership and oversight of childcare for special events
• Regularly visit elementary and early childhood areas to support, encourage and discuss activity with dept. heads.
• Provide weekly attendance reports of children, team members, first time visitors etc.
• Review and respond to weekly reports and requests from the Children’s Pastor.
• Observe adult-to-child ratios campus-wide and provide ratio reports monthly to the Children’s Pastor to ensure child safety, abide by state laws, and monitor growth for additional rooms that may be needed
• Participate in weekly department meetings to discuss enhancing the Sunday experience and upcoming events.
• Inventory and steward radios for all areas of Impact Kids.