Concordia Lutheran Church, located in Lakewood, Colorado, is a congregation focused on sharing God’s message of love for all. We believe, teach, and respond to the love of the Triune God: the Father, Son (Jesus Christ), and Holy Spirit. We believe that
all people are sinful and if left to their own devices will be lost forever. Yet by grace through faith in His Son, Jesus Christ, God has provided salvation for all people, and now empowers us by His Spirit to love, serve, and share this Good News with others.
Worship is the heart of what we do, and we offer two Sunday morning worship services. Our first service at 8:15 a.m., is a traditional liturgical style of worship featuring hymns, choir, and handbells. Our second service at 10:30 a.m., is a contemporary
style of worship featuring contemporary music, modernized hymns, and a full band. We believe connections and relationships are vital to being a vibrant church. We have children’s ministries, youth ministries for junior high and senior high, post high school
– pre-30s group, and various adult ministries. We believe that missions, both in and with our community and the larger world, are part of Christ’s command to us as evidenced by our work in Haiti, local human services, tutoring, and more. In addition, we
also have a vibrant preschool and kindergarten that provides a Christ-centered learning environment to help each child build a positive relationship with God and others.
Minister of Youth and Discipleship
Concordia Lutheran Church
The Minister of Youth and Discipleship (MYD) is a full-time, salaried staff member responsible for leading Concordia’s youth ministries, developing and executing ministries for millennials and young adults, and supporting educational ministries of the congregation.
The MYD works collaboratively with the Pastor, Board of Education, and Board of Missions to create a living, Christ-centered church environment that fosters the development of faith and fellowship within the congregation and maintains focus on the Great Commission
given to us by Jesus Christ. The MYD does not play a role in leading worship services, but will be expected to be an active and present member of the congregation on Sundays and throughout the week.
The MYD receives direction from the Pastor and reports administratively to the Board of Education.
- Personal commitment of faith to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- At least two years of full-time experience in relevant Christian ministry (e.g., Youth, Young Adult, Campus Ministry, etc.); relevant bachelor’s degree preferred
- Willingness to support and teach the doctrine of the Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod (LCMS)
- Passion and love for youth, mission work, and sharing the gospel
- Commitment to team ministry
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Experience using technology and social media
- Become an active member of Concordia Lutheran Church upon hiring
- Be a role model for the youth and congregation by leading a Christ-centered life demonstrating faith by both word and action.
- Exhibit professional and personal integrity and discretion
- Build Christ-centered relationships with youth and their families
- Attend Parish Planning Council (PPC) and Board of Education meetings
- Evaluate educational materials and curricula
- Maintain Christ-centered working relationships with staff, church leaders, and volunteers
- Direct, lead, and grow the Junior High youth (FX) and Senior High youth (The ROCK) ministries, including an annual Senior High mission trip
- Design and implement ministries specific to millennials and young adults (post-high school through early-30’s)
- Assist in teaching Confirmation and other classes as necessary
- Oversee the elementary youth ministry, Kids in Christ’s Kingdom (KICK)
- Support the Board of Education and its appointed volunteer leaders:
1. Oversee Sunday School Ministry
2. Oversee and participate in Vacation Bible School each summer
- Support Concordia’s Preschool and Kindergarten:
1. Develop relationships with our preschool families
2. Share in chapel time responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Board of Missions:
1. Recommend new opportunities for outreach and missions
2. Engage the congregation in mission work
- Work with the staff to create near- and long-term visions for Concordia Lutheran Church
- Identify and attend relevant workshops
About Concordia Lutheran Church
Concordia Lutheran Church has been serving the community of Lakewood, Colorado (a suburb of Denver) for more than 54 years. The congregation focuses on sharing God’s message of love for all by connecting with people through missions and ministries in the
congregation, community, and world. For more details, see http://www.clcgrace.org/careers/.