Norfolk Campus Pastor Job Description
Position Overview: The Campus Pastor is responsible for starting, leading, and pastoring the Norfolk, VA Campus of Trinity Church under the Elders’ leadership. The Campus Pastor also works as a part of the church staff
to carry out the mission and ministry of Trinity Church as a whole.
1. Develop a plan to launch the Norfolk campus.
2. Share Trinity’s vision with Trinity members and with the local community to invite them to join God in what He is doing at the Norfolk campus. Recruit, organize, train, and deploy a team to help start the campus.
3. Consistently communicate and reinforce Trinity’s vision, mission, and four-part strategy of “Come, Grow, Serve, and Reach.”
4. Develop a relevant, powerful outreach ministry in the downtown Norfolk area specifically focused on reaching millennials.
5. Lead weekly worship services either by delivering the sermon (monthly) or as the host when not preaching, and, by overseeing everything that takes place at that campus on a given Sunday.
6. Provide administrative oversight for the Norfolk campus in coordination with central administrative office staff.
7. Encourage servant ministry and equip church and ministry team members to serve in their area of giftedness, leveraging existing ministries as well as starting new ones. Look for emerging leaders in all ministry areas.
8. Recruit and train ministry team leaders to lead all aspects of the following Norfolk Campus ministry teams:
a. Set up/Tear Down Team
b. First Impressions Team
c. Hospitality/Connection Team
d. Community Group Team
e. Outreach Team
f. Communion/Lord’s Supper Team
g. Leadership Council
9. Collaborate with, support, and assist the Trinity staff and/or Elders who have primary responsibility for the following areas:
a. Worship Team
b. Children’s Ministry Team
c. Student Ministry Team
d. Tech Ministry Team
e. Prayer Team
f. Men’s Ministry
g. Women’s Ministry
10. Meet weekly with campus staff to provide communication, encouragement and counsel. Train staff to be Eph. 4:11-16 equippers of servant leaders in their areas.
1. Minister to the spiritual needs of the Norfolk Campus congregation.
2. Be available for pastoral counseling, pre-marital counseling, weddings and funerals.
3. Lead discipleship and spiritual transformation efforts at the Norfolk campus. This may include curriculum development for Community Groups, discipling leaders, or creating small group Bible study type opportunities for the campus.
1. Support Trinity’s doctrinal positions.
2. Collaborate with the Executive Pastor and other Campus Pastors to provide consistent messaging and operations.
3. Overall responsibility for Trinity’s Lighthouse (Young Adult) ministry
a) Work with the LH Elder to cast vision for the LH ministry
b) Recruit, develop and train volunteers for the LH ministry
c) Organize and lead quarterly Large Group social gatherings
d) Organize and lead quarterly worship gatherings
e) Oversee LH Community Groups including:
1) Selecting curriculum;
2) Recruiting, training and discipling Community Group Leaders; and,
3) Placing people into Community Groups
f) Supervise and oversee all LH communication
g) Follow up on all Lighthouse Connect Card contacts each week
1. Preach the first Sunday of each month at the Norfolk campus and lead/host worship service the other Sundays.
2. Be available to teach/preach on other Sundays at Norfolk or other Campuses or other church-wide events or services as needed.
3. Meet regularly with Teaching Pastors and Creative Team to help plan series and services.
4. Oversee other teaching ministries at the Norfolk campus.
1. Ability to lead, encourage and shepherd.
2. Pastoral ministry degree or experience.
3. Mature Christian walk.
4. Gifted in leadership or administration, pastoring, and teaching.
5. People skills and the ability to develop community life.
1. The Executive Pastor of Trinity Church
1. Campus congregation
2. Campus Coordinator and indirectly responsible for the Children’s Coordinator, Student Ministry Coordinator, and Worship Coordinator.
1. Continue in spiritual growth and development.
2. Maintain consistent commitment to prayer and Scripture.
3. Maintain strong marriage/family.
4. Be involved in the life of Trinity Church (beyond specific campus).
5. Defend the doctrinal positions of Trinity Church.
6. Support the leadership and decisions of the Elder Board, including decisions made for the Norfolk campus.
7. Maintain regular office hours.
8. Attend weekly staff Huddles.
9. Cooperate with annual/regular reviews with the Elder Board.