Job Title: Children’s Director
Employee Status: Exempt
Department: Brave Kids
CONTACT: Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Summary of the position:
To provide leadership, vision, and direction that creates a life giving atmosphere of vibrant and enticing discipleship and evangelism for the children, parents, and children’s ministry team of Brave Church. The Children’s Pastor will manage the church-wide
direction of Brave. This oversight includes direct responsibility for Brave Kids, Brave Preschool, Brave Family Check-in, and the development of family small groups.
- Experience and Knowledge Required:
- Ability to communicate the Gospel through various means to children at various ages.
- Leadership background and experience serving with kids. Heart for children and parents.
- Proven ability to lead staff and Dream Team.
- Project management experience.
- Ability to articulate and implement the vision of Brave Church.
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills.
- Superior interpersonal skills working with a variety of people from Dream Team members to parents to kids.
- Solid theological grounding and creativity in kids’ ministry curriculum development.
- Positive attitude and positive approach to problem solving. Must be solution oriented.
- Computer competency in Fellowship One, Microsoft Office/Pages, etc.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and pursuit of excellence through attention to detail.
- Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Formulate children’s ministry facility standards for existing and new campuses.
- Develop integrated training processes for nursery, preschool, kids, and special needs ministry leaders and Dream Team members.
- Work closely with ministry leaders at each campus and analyze effectiveness of programming and adjust as needed.
- Lead and build teams to execute all aspects of children’s ministry for weekend services.
- Recruit, develop and train high quality leaders for staff and Dream team roles.
- Consistent communication with key leaders and parents.
- Develop healthy community among parents and equip parents for discipleship through Sunday and small group experience.
- Help develop and maintain all security standards.
- Track growth for future development.
- Oversee and develop the Sunday experience for all children.
- Develop curriculum for children that reflects the teaching of Brave Church.
- Oversee special event planning to include Summer Blast, Brave Kids Big Night, & Dream Team appreciation events.
- Oversee all aspects of new campus development.
- Oversee quality of services and function at all campuses.
- Fulfill pastoral duties including counseling, baptism, communion, hospital visitation, and general pastoral care.
- Lead department meetings and empower staff to fulfill their unique roles
- Oversee and develop all internal and external communication that represents the Brave Kids department.
- Maintain strong communication and relationship with Direct Report and Senior Pastor to ensure the vision of the Senior Pastor is implemented in all aspects of family ministry.
- Positive attitude
- Heart of a servant
- Must share the vision of Brave Church to fulfill the Great Commission with integrity and passion
- Extent of Public Contact:
- Daily contact with students and leaders
- Brave Pastors and staff members