This position requires the individual possesses experience in directing a choir (preferably a church choir). It is our hope that this person also has the ability to play the piano on those occasions that our accompanist is unable to play or on vacation.
In addition to directing skills, the person filling this position must have a close personal relationship with Jesus and an ability to work effectively with individuals and groups. Leadership skills which exemplify a strong Christian faith, along with strong
organizational skills and excellent communication skills are also necessary.
- Lead choir for 9am Traditional Worship on Sunday mornings, including vocal warm up.
- Lead choir rehearsal at 7pm on Wednesday nights.
Responsibilities and Duties for Choir Director
- Provide choral music for the 9am Sunday worship service which includes a choir rehearsal, any solo or ensemble rehearsals.
- Select appropriate choral music including general anthems and special seasonal music.
- Prepare Christmas music, which may include a Cantata, Christmas Eve services, Easter services, Ash Wednesday services.
- Oversee volunteer librarian responsible for filling choir folders, emptying them and pulling choral anthems as needed.
- Order any new choral music based on current budget guidelines.
- Maintain tuning of Sanctuary piano.
- Pick appropriate hymns (2) for weekly worship service.
- Attend Worship meetings as scheduled.
- Work with volunteer in charge of sound when any services require microphones or special sound needs.
- Send all bulletin information as pertains to first service music to church secretary (currently done on a monthly basis). This includes hymns, anthems, and closing music.
- Coordinate with accompanist.