Reports to: Senior Pastor
Job Classification: Full Time
Interested applicants who qualify for the ministry position must email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Any questions concerning this position can be sent to the same email address.
Qualifications and Position Requirements:
- Must exhibit a personal and growing relationship with Jesus, is humble, teachable, and disciplined.
- Spiritual life must be congruent with biblical mandates for leaders (1 Timothy 3:1-7).
- Must demonstrate and maintain a healthy family life.
- Must be called to youth ministry, love young people, and have a passion for evangelism and outreach, both personally and at the ministry level.
- A self-motivated leader, capable of casting and imparting vision for ministry, possessing relational skills with students, parents, and staff.
- Must be capable of creating and executing a long-term vision for Gateway’s Youth Ministry.
- Must be sensitive to needs and pressures of teens with a knowledge of possible solutions.
- Must be a graduate or fourth year student of a Bible college or Christian liberal arts college with a degree in Theology, Christian Education, or Youth Ministry. A thorough knowledge of Bible is essential. (If you do not meet this requirement but feel qualified
please feel free to still apply)
- Must demonstrate a genuine love and maintain a good rapport with young people.
- Must be able to teach, train, and disciple youth leaders.
- Must be in agreement with the 16 fundamental truths of the Assemblies of God.
- Must possess organizational and administration abilities.
- Must be able to respond to changing needs throughout the daily and weekly schedule.
Youth Pastor Responsibilities:
- Lead Wednesday night youth service.
- Lead and organize effective youth programs implementing fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, and evangelism, as well as ministry and mission opportunities.
- Recruit, train, and shepherd volunteer youth staff with diverse gifts and personalities.
- Provide counseling and spiritual direction to youth on an individual basis.
- Maintain contact with students and parents, keeping them informed of ongoing activities.
- Keep parents updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement.
- Support Gateway youth parents in effectively fulfilling their Christian parenting roles, in concert with other pastoral staff.
- Assist in the development and oversight of the youth ministry budget; also manage student fees for events and trips in a timely fashion.
- Seek to integrate youth ministry into all phases of church life to create a culture that is intentionally intergenerational, striving to unite with and complement other church ministries.
- Participate as needed or requested in the evaluation and development of the overall church ministry.
Youth Pastor Additional Expectations:
- Attend weekly meeting with staff for prayer and planning.
- Attend worship services, prayer service, and special meetings.
- Present annual ministry updates and goals for the coming year to the Senior Pastor.
- Present a yearly youth budget proposal.
- Stay current with youth ministry practices by reading, attending youth leadership conferences, etc.
- Review and discuss annual job performance evaluation.