PLEASE APPLY AT: http://scottsdalebible.com/employment BY CLICKING ON THE STAFF WORSHIP LEADER POSITION.
The Staff Worship Leader is an influential member of our SBC Worship and Arts Department. Their primary focus is to help the congregations of SBC worship God with all their heart, mind, soul, and body. This person is expected to work alongside our worship
and campus pastors to help maintain a consistent experience inside the various venues and multisites. This person will be expected to play a role in general functions and events within the department, and align with the main campus worship team to create an
environment where Scottsdale Bible Church’s vision is effectively carried out.
Full-time, 40 hours per week
- Reports directly to Worship Ministry Team Leader
- Dotted line reporting to Worship and Creative Arts Pastor as it pertains to the influence on the worship approach at the campus and general Worship Arts functions and responsibilities.
Oversight for Weekly Worship Gathering:
- Provide worship leadership for weekly worship gatherings at various campuses and venues as scheduled/needed
- Act as program director for services in order to ensure excellence in programming
- Create service flow for worship gathering (worship, message, creative expressions, baptisms, communion, etc.)
- Responsible for integrating creative elements into worship services (art, design, media, video, etc.)
- Assemble multiple worship teams (bands, vocalists, etc.) by recruiting, auditioning, and placing into service
- Select and arrange music to meet the needs of the individual congregation
- Recruit, train, mentor and mobilize creative team volunteers
- Work alongside each Campus Pastor to execute services effectively
- Administrative duties related to leading worship services (upload charts, print worship orders/charts, schedule volunteers, etc.)
- Create ProPresenter cue list for worship songs and work with technical staff/volunteers to integrate other media (announcement slides, videos, message slides, etc.)
- Communication with volunteers to encourage their involvement, provide details that enhance their understanding of their responsibilities, and clearly outline their schedules.
General Worship and Arts Team Responsibilities:
- Participate in and provide worship leadership for all-church events (Easter, Christmas, “Night of Worship”, etc.)
- Occasionally lead worship for other ministries and events as needed
- Participate in and provide leadership assistance for Student Summer Arts Camp
- Participate in all necessary worship team meetings (service planning and review, ongoing training, etc.)
- Committed to leading worship team volunteers toward spiritual health and integrity
- Pray for and maintain regular communication with worship/arts volunteers
- Continue to pursue personal holiness and study of Scripture in order to minister more effectively
- Fully committed follower of Christ; beliefs consistent with SBC’s statement of faith.
- Lives a life that is consistent with SBC’s employee values (Spiritual Maturity, Servant Leadership, Service Empowerment, Team Player and Stewardship Focused).
- Heart-driven passion for the family and spiritually healthy relationships/marriage.
- Demonstrated relational skills: high value of people; aspires to serve others; fosters a healthy and amiable spiritual environment; approachable and accessible; works well with others; appreciation for own and other’s giftedness; possess a healthy sense
- Integrity of work habits and results; able to discern needs and respond appropriately; able to maintain a high degree of professionalism and accuracy; good written and verbal communication skills; desire for individual and professional growth; able to shift
focus quickly from one project to another and multi-task; demonstrates a positive can-do attitude; takes initiative; ability to handle confidential information; change agent; proven ability to work collaboratively with others and in team environments; proven
ability to successfully manage others and be accountable for the work results of others.
- Flexible; ability to work in a multi-faceted environment with little supervision; personable in working with staff and volunteers; sense of humor; ability to forecast as well as attend to weekly details.
This person will be most successful when leading from an authentic and relational approach. SBC will need to be their “home” church and approach their role as a member of the community. They must demonstrate proficiency as a worship leader and musician
in a contemporary environment, while having the ability to lean into other stylistic directions. Working knowledge of basic computer software (Microsoft suite) and ProPresenter. Working knowledge of all technical systems in use for that venue.