This Pastor/Director position is responsible for leading the Summit View Kids ministry at Summit View Church at the Heritage Park Campus. Responsibilities includes the oversight of ministering to children, ages birth through fifth grade, and their parents.
This person is also responsible for creating and managing special events and summer programs for this age group. The Children’s Pastor/Director reports directly to the Student Ministry Department head.
Lifestyle Expectations Required for this Position:
- A life that has evidence of an active faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- A habit of spending time reading His word and enjoying an active prayer life.
- A history of both spiritual and professional advancement through reading, training resources, classes and conferences.
- A life congruent with setting a Christ like example in word and actions for the children and parents of Summit View Church as well as the community at large.
- To oversee the full scope of ministry for Summit View Kids.
- To ensure that each Sunday morning, quality Christ-centered programming is ready to present to each grade level.
- To oversee the Summit View Kids leadership team, volunteers and interns. To recruit, train and sustain adult leadership to lead the Sunday morning experience.
- To partner with parents, aiding them to be the primary spiritual leaders in their children’s lives.
- To oversee the expenditures of Children’s Ministry, staying within the budgetary parameters established.
- Continually evaluate the effectiveness and spiritual content of all curriculum being presented.
- Participate in weekly pastoral staff meetings as well as lead regular department staff meetings.
- Keep the executive team and department leaders thoroughly informed of staff accomplishments, concerns and future plans.
- Keep lines of communications open with your department head as well as the executive team.
- Maintain excellent relationships and open communications with all staff.
- This person should possess the spiritual gift of leadership.
- This person should serve as an advocate for the children of Summit View Church.
- This person should have the capability to cast and carry out a vision for children’s ministry.
- This person should be effective in recruiting, maintaining and sustaining a children’s ministry staff.
- This person should have a history that’s able to demonstrate strong organizational skills.