For us, helping people develop to become disciples of Christ is imperative. This full time position will welcome visitors, plug new and existing members into small groups and ministry areas where they can grow and serve, regularly post on social media on
behalf of the church, train and manage several groups of volunteers and bring excitement and a new strategic energy to the volunteers and ministries of the congregation. This position may also be asked to speak in front of large groups. As a growing church
of 1,100 in weekly attendance, we are looking for someone who wants to join a great team, have fun and be passionate about sharing the word of God with others.
- A tested love for God, a humble spirit, and a commitment to prayer as a deeply devoted disciple of Jesus.
- Deep affinity with the mission, vision, and core values of Springfield First United Methodist Church.
- Heart for ministry demonstrated by a proven ability to work with a diverse group of people in a church ministry setting.
- Strong verbal, organizational and written communication skills.
- Experience in public speaking to large, diverse groups.
- Strong detail oriented multi-tasker.
- Adept in social media including websites, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Ability to plan, develop, and manage multiple projects.
- Charismatic creative leader with experience in training, empowering, and managing teams of volunteers.
- Proven experience as a self-starter with ability to work with minimal direction.
- Ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality
- Bachelor’s degree in related area or two years ministry experience in hospitality ministry or five years management experience with marketing and customer relations.
- Connect newcomers and long-time members to appropriate small groups, classes and volunteer efforts that meets their interests.
- Ensure guests are warmly welcomed and followed up with.
- Reach goals of building membership and attendance in the church, small groups, classes and volunteers.
- Recruit, equip and mobilize volunteers, develop leadership teams and build structures for maximum participation and engagement in the church family.
- Oversee weekend hospitality ministries (greeters, ushers, parking lot greeters, welcome desk, connection point and food and beverage volunteers) as well as communion and safety teams.
- Post on social media
- Effectively manage budgets.
- Become a member of SFUMC.
If this connects with your heart and what Christ is doing in you, please send your resume to our Executive Director, Lana Salomonson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 217.793.9760, ext. 230.