Purpose of this position: Grace Chapel has demonstrated a consistent commitment to student ministry since its founding over 50 years ago and takes very seriously the responsibility God has given us to reach to and make disciples of high
school students inside and outside the church.
The leader of High School Ministry (HSM) is someone with a passion for high school students and a strong desire to share the good news of God’s grace with them. This director will support and manage a ministry structure that currently connects with 120-150
students on a weekly basis.
What you need to be effective in this role: The ideal candidate will be experienced in Student/Youth Ministry as either a long-term volunteer or paid staff member with these additional qualifications:
- Background in child/adolescent development
- Team building leadership style
- Strong Biblical knowledge
- Ability to organize and work independently
A successful candidate will be a growing Christ follower who possesses many of the following core gifts and passions:
- Pastor/Shepherd: A love and passion for high school students and their parents; a call to see students’ lives transformed into Christ-likeness; and a desire to create authentic community among them. Strong relational skills.
- Communicator: An individual with the ability to preach, teach, and communicate effectively in multiple settings with students and parents.
- Leader: A gifted and energetic team-builder and inspirational leader who can cast a clear and compelling vision for HSM; effectively identify, develop, and equip a team of volunteer leaders; provide on-going support and nurture of these leaders; and manage
a large ministry.
- Theological Depth: A continuous learner with a strong theological foundation and biblical understanding that enables the individual to apply relevant biblical truth to the lives of HS students. (Advanced theological degree/training preferred.)
- Team Player: An individual who is energized by the unique opportunities afforded by serving on a large church staff and contributing to church-wide ministry initiatives.
- Outreach: A passion to reach out to students who are not yet Christ-followers; the ability to share the gospel in ways that are relevant to their lives; and a missional understanding of the gospel.
- The position will be full time (40-50 hours per week).
- The schedule includes serving one or both hours (if necessary) Sunday morning as well as midweek preparation, developing of relationships, and staff/team meetings.
- General duties include: Leadership of the overall ministry to high school students on the Lexington Campus of Grace Chapel; supporting, training, and resourcing volunteers for HSM Sunday school, inviting new volunteers into ministry, supporting small group
leaders and parents, work in relationship with the MSM staff to provide smooth transitions for incoming middle school students, as well as partnering with the Young Adult staff in providing for smooth transitions for graduating seniors.
- Participating in the staff life, responsibilities, and activities of the church
How to Apply: Please submit the following two items in electronic format only (no phone calls please) - you will receive an email confirming our receipt of your submission:
- A cover letter briefly describing your faith background and the reason for your interest in this position
- A current resume
Please Note: There is no relocation assistance.