Matthews United Methodist Church is seeking a dynamic individual to become our next Executive Director of Operations/Treasurer.. We are a vibrant 3,800 member church located in the Charlotte suburb of Matthews, NC. This person is responsible for overseeing
the operations of the church, including providing leadership and oversight for the financial, facility, human resources, communications, and technology for the church. Assists in developing policies and procedures so that our mission ofReach, Teach, Praise and Serve may
This position requires the minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Accounting with five – ten years of experience as an Executive Director or Church Business Administrator of a 500-1,000 member mainline Protestant Church (United Methodist
experience preferred). A complete job description is available on our web site at MatthewsUMC.org. Visit About MUMC under the Connect tab and click on the Employment link. Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
Core Competencies and Qualifications:
- Strong written and oral communication abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational, time management and strategic planning skills.
- An understanding of the role and purpose of the local church in Christian ministry.
- Generally accepted accounting and business practices, especially fund accounting.
- Knowledge of the United Methodist Church organization and The Book of Discipline is a plus.
Candidates who meet the minimum criteria should submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 16, 2017. Only the candidates who meet the minimum criteria and submit all the requested material will be considered.
- A cover letter expressing interest in this position and explanation of why the candidate believes his/her qualifications match those sought for the Executive Director of Operations/Treasurer of Matthews UMC. Please include your salary requirements in the
- Current resume
- Statement of church affiliation and all volunteer church service.
- Two reference letters from current or former supervisors (specifically as an Executive Director or Church Business Administrator)
No phone calls, please. Position will remain open until a qualified candidate is selected.