- Has a growing relationship with Jesus Christ demonstrated in his character and as outlined in I Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- Has a humble and teachable spirit born out of his security in Christ and an accurate understanding of his God-given capacity.
- Lives a life of dependence on the Holy Spirit and faith as demonstrated in his prayer life and personal experience.
- Has a vision for reaching the lost and presenting every person complete in Christ through the local church.
- Understands and lives by an equipping ministry model and has the people skills necessary to build a leadership team and train leaders for ministry.
- Believes in and is able to articulate a team-based philosophy of ministry for leadership and service.
- Is in agreement with the doctrinal positions and constitution of Lincoln Berean Church.
The overall responsibility of the Operations Pastor is to provide vision, leadership, staff coaching, and oversight for all facets of all LBC Operations areas in alignment with the mission, core values, and philosophy of ministry of Lincoln Berean Church.
MINISTRY AREA RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effectively point lead and work with and through the Operations Management Team (OMT) to implement and execute the direction set by the Elder Board and Staff Directional Team (SDT) for all LBC Operations areas.
- Create and maintain a “joyful service” and empowerment culture within Operations consistent with LBCs values for our Operations areas (see attached).
- Lead primarily through relationship, values, and principles (not memorandum and policy) cultivating relationships with all Ministry Area Leaders (MALs) to serve and empower their Ministry Areas.
- Serve as “Interim Director of Campus Operations” giving day-to-day leadership and oversight to all facets of Campus Operations in the short-term and working with the Directional Pastor for Operations and the current Operations leadership on a long-term
Campus Operations staffing plan.
- Provide day-to-day coaching and support for the Operations MALs and their staff and teams.
- Serve as the Pastoral staff representative on the LBC Business Team
- Serve as liaison between the OMT and the SDT under and through the Directional Pastor for Operations.
- Regularly participate in the overall life of the Body at Lincoln Berean, cultivating an atmosphere of unity and encouragement among all ministries, staff, and people.
- Faithfully attend and participate in all Lincoln Berean staff meetings, functions, and community- building opportunities.
- Fully agree to the terms of employment and other employee policies as outlined in the Lincoln Berean Employee Handbook.
- Willingly submit to the LBC leadership structure and willingly follow the ministry and office procedures and protocols for the staff and Body of Lincoln Berean.