Position Title: Director of Media Ministries
Reports to: Executive Pastor
Job Status: Full time
The Media Director is a full time position that is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the media department, including budget, personnel, equipment acquisition and maintenance, as well as operational oversight over the following areas: Audio, Video,
Lighting, Graphics, Resources, and A/V Systems for all classrooms and worship venues (Worship Center, Atrium, PowerHouse, Student Auditorium, Multisite campuses). Supervises Media Staff and volunteers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide budgetary and operational oversight of the Media Department and maintain a responsible budget to support the technical needs of the church and its ministries.
- Oversight of all technical media systems on the church campus, including maintenance, vendor relations, specifications, and installation of new equipment
- Regular maintenance and cleaning of all A/V equipment, including projectors, TV carts, portable equipment, amplifier and dimmer filters, Media computers, consoles, etc.
- Supervision of media ministry staff.
- Recruiting, training, developing and scheduling media ministry volunteers
- Coordinate mailings and distribution of monthly volunteer schedules.
- Provide leadership and organizational development to the areas of Video, Audio, Lighting, Staging, Resources, Communications, Tech Services, and Network Administration.
- Work with Worship Planning team in the development of worship services and events.
- Provide technical support (equipment and operators) for all scheduled church functions as required. This includes worship services and other events in the Worship Center on Sunday mornings and Sunday nights as needed, Wednesday night Bible Study in the
Atrium, Student Ministry services on Sunday mornings, Student Ministry services on Wednesday nights, Choir Rehearsals on Wednesday nights, Orchestra rehearsals on Wednesday nights, Contemporary Service rehearsals on Wednesday nights, coverage for Children’s
Ministry services on Sunday mornings, all ministry events, classroom events, funerals and outdoor functions.
- Management of the Worship Center stage, including setup and tear-down of sound, lighting, platforms, musical instruments, and other equipment per event. And weekly reset of stage for weekly worship services.
- Continued enhancement in the quality of audio recordings through proper training of volunteers and the use of multi-tracking and computer-based editing equipment
- Management of ministry and events calendar, correspondence, file management.
- Provide timely responses to all media and special order purchases, phone, email, mail, bookstore.
- Edit broadcasts and lay down closed captioning as required
- Edit special events and create DVDs as assigned
- Archive past tapes and/or DVDs in an organized, documented manner.
- Oversight for recording and duplication of all services and events at Connection Point
- Oversee the setup of all set pieces, chairs, stands and instruments on the worship center stage.
- Work with the Director of Facilities to coordinate the setup of additional stage platforms and set pieces for drama events such as the Christmas Pageant, Children’s Programs, VBS, Camp Applause, DHA, CATA, and Little Learners programs, etc.
- Work with the Print Shop to create unique and creative sets and backdrops to enhance the worship services
- Purchase, inventory, and maintenance of video equipment
- Work with Graphic Director to provide consistency in content from video to print promotions.
- Maintain and organize stock content media libraries, including video clips, audio beds, and sound effects.
- Provide support for Children’s Camp and Student camp A/V and worship support.
- Maintain and provide live webcasting services.