Music Ministry Director
Reports to: Media Services Director & Campus Pastor
Purpose: The Music Ministry Director is an arts and pastoral leadership position that pastors and manages music ministry staff and volunteers at the campus. This person also serves on the Campus Services Creative Team as a creative contributor
and is responsible for the production and events on their campus. He/she is responsible for the rehearsal and execution of music at assigned services/events, and also plays a key role in Gateway Branson’s department growth processes. Gateway Branson church
looks to their campus Music Ministry Director to be a strong spiritual leader and not only live out the mission of the church but actively pursue the lives of the people they are leading.
- Oversees the execution of all aspects of inspire services and events to insure we communicate to those who are far from God and to those who are followers of Jesus.
- Recruitment, management, and pastoral leadership of all Arts and Production volunteers at the Campus.
- Serves as a co-creator on the Gateway Campus Services Creative Team for content creation of inspire services and special events such as Good Friday, Easter, Christmas, Superbull (Super bowl Sunday), etc.
- Responsible for the implementation of weekly services, created by Campus Services Creative Team.
- Responsible for all worship, production, and tech volunteers at the campus moving on Gateway’s Clear Simple Path from serving to life groups.
- Responsible for creating and leading a multiplying number of life groups for production, tech, and worship volunteers to lead them in growth and maturity.
- Works with campus pastor in the formation and cultivation of a thriving arts network.
- Works with campus pastor on the recruitment and development of weekend hosts for information that must be communicated from the stage.
- Works with campus pastor to lead the campus in a Jesus-centered way that honors Gateway’s mission, vision, and values in unity around the decisions, discussions, and diversities that have already been established.
- Oversees budget and stewardship of resources for Campus Arts, including maintaining inventory and tracking of all equipment and assets.
- Work under the direct influence of the Campus Services’ Creative Arts Ministry Lead in order to be regularly trained, equipped, and ensure consistency and best practices across all Gateway Campuses.
- Voluntary mutual submission to one another as a team
- Gateway Branson Church is their church home. Being “All In” and a commissioned member of the church body is a must. This is not only a job, but also a mission as a member of the body of Christ represented through Gateway Branson Church.
- A spiritual leader during the rehearsal process, all services, and in the arts community at large. This includes praying for and with members of your team and actively seeking confessional community with the people you are leading.
- Sets the example of spiritual leadership within the program. Leads all members of the team to be active in the mission of the church they are serving. Leads team members to be active in a Life Group and running partner relationships. Exemplifies and models
professionalism in the arts and in Christian faith and practice.
- Excellent Musicianship. Must be flexible and able to make changes on the fly since songs and arrangements may need to be changed on the day of performances or during rehearsals. Must be able to arrange music and lead professional level musicians. Must know
the language of music (Nashville number system preferably). Must have good music sensibilities and “get” the Branson music vibe and culture. All performed music is to be well rehearsed and presented in a professional, passionate manner. Vocals must be memorized.
- True leadership position. Requires networking & professional standards, mixed with creating and leading a volunteer culture. Finding and leading people in the Branson music scene along with members of the congregation that are invited into the program through
our audition process. The heart is to give people a place to serve with their talents while still holding a level of professionalism that is part of the Arts culture of Gateway Branson Church.
- Adheres to our “Beyond Sunday” value. Gateway’s Arts culture includes intentional bridge building to the arts community of Branson to give a safe, and challenging place for the unchurched to become a unified, multiplying body of Christ followers.
- Must attend weekly team meetings & rehearsals. This includes Weekly Gateway Branson Staff Meetings, Gateway All Staff meetings & weekly Campus Services Arts team meetings.
- Facilitate, participate, and work with the Gateway Campus Services Arts team to fulfill multiple vocal/band auditions each year.
- Must have strong proficiency in worship and production
- Must have solid computing skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, ProPresenter, Planning Center Online)
- Preferred 3 years experience leading worship and production in an artistically advanced performance venue/church
- Preferred 5 years experience pastoring, leading, and training staff and/or volunteers
- College Degree preferred
- Audio/Visual/Lighting technical experience
Working Conditions and other information:
- Sunday through Thursday schedule with added responsibilities for holidays and special events as assigned
- Required Tuesday morning attendance (alternating Life Group/All Staff meetings for all full time employees regular employees & part time if required by manager- ongoing
- Easter- all hands on deck Saturday Eggapalooza & Saturday/Sunday services for all part time & full time regular employees who normally average 20+ hours per week.
- Christmas- all hands on deck for our Christmas services for all part time & full time regular employees who normally work 20+ hours per week***
*** 1stYear: All full-time regular employees are required to work their first Christmas and Easter services on staff. After the first year, an employee may request Easter and/or Christmas off once every three years
- Annual All Staff Retreat - dates subject to change
- Superbull (Super bowl Sunday)- all hands on deck for Saturday/Sunday services during Superbull for all part time and full time regular employees who normally work 20+ hours per week.
- Annual leadership community- dates subject to change but so far has landed on the Friday &/or Saturday the 2nd week of August.
- Monthly Leadership Community- each campus will be holding a leadership community once per month. All staff is required to attend the leadership community at the campus they attend. Special Ops should go to the campus in which they currently lead. If they
aren't currently leading, they should check with their manager or Campus Pastor. The same will be similarly true for when we add Campus Services.
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Gateway Church, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, national origin,
disability, pregnancy or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
As a religious institution, it is important that all employees of Gateway Branson Church practice the same beliefs of the church. We therefore reserve the right to exercise this bona fide occupational qualification (BFOQ) in determining which applicants
are best suited for positions at our church.
This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and the related BFOQ applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.