For over 100 years, Journey of Faith has offered relevant worship and teaching, vibrant ministries for young people, and opportunities to serve others. With a desire to glorify God and expand His work, we envision our church as multigenerational, multicultural
Mission and Calling:
The Director of Children’s Ministry will oversee the life and direction of the Elementary Ministry operations, teaching and volunteer care (in partnership with the Children’s Ministry Pastor). The Children’s Ministry exists to provide a place where kids
are loved unconditionally, protected uncompromisingly, and taught the truths of the Bible creatively.
- Oversee and maintain excellent Elementary Ministry operations; includes Sunday mornings, mid-week programs, and special events/projects.
- Create opportunities to build community among families and volunteers.
- Plan monthly service and outreach opportunities for 4th and 5th grade students.
- Aid Children’s Pastor in the development and implementation of two family friendly outreach events per year (Summer VBS and Summer Camp).
- Maintain excellent children’s ministry facilities.
- Create supply orders.
Teaching and Leading:
- Maintain Sunday curriculum for children in Kindergarten through Fifth Grade and midweek programs.
- Teaching preparation.
- Assist with baptisms, volunteer trainings, and filling in for storytellers, as needed.
- Recruit, train, manage & schedule volunteers and raise up volunteer leaders.
- Schedule and implement quarterly trainings for volunteers and staff.
- Implement and maintain policies & procedures to create consistency across all Children’s’ Ministry areas.
- Ensure quality control and problem resolution.
- Be a committed Jesus follower with a lifestyle and reputation of Christian faithfulness.
- Be in agreement with the Mission, Values and Core Beliefs of our church.
- Have a high level of self-awareness and commitment to continual, relational growth.
- Demonstrate Christ-centered living (1 Peter 1:15-16, 1 Timothy 3:1–7; Titus 1:5–9), honesty, confidence, teachability, humility (Philippians 2:5-7), patience and commitment in working with others (James 1:4).
- A bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience required. Seminary degree is a huge plus.
- Knowledge of child development and Children Ministry philosophy methods.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of Elementary operations.
- Demonstrate strong character, as defined by Scripture, and a strong gift of leadership to be able to develop other leaders.
- Maintain positive, loyal relationships with others and have an encouraging spirit.
- Ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality regarding church information.
- Exhibit strong multi-tasking, time management and prioritization skills.
- Pass a background check.
Reports to the Children’s Ministry Pastor.
32 hours per week.
Compensation based on experience.