Middle School Director-Eagle Church
POSITION SUMMARY: The Middle School Director will be responsible for assisting in the spiritual leadership of 5th-12th grade students, with his/her main emphasis on coordinating the operational/programmatic ministry
for 5th-8th grade students.
The Middle School Director must, above all else, love God with all their heart, soul, mind and strength. They must radiate the reality that Christ is their LIFE. Additionally, the Middle School Director should be effective in assisting the Student Pastor
in creating optimal environments for students to connect with God – for the purpose of leading students to passionately follow Jesus. The Middle School Director will contribute leadership among the larger body at Eagle Church in various capacities as opportunities
emerge. This person needs to be a leader, self-motivated, creative, organized, and have strong interpersonal relational skills.
Salaried, w/ benefits
- Joy = pervasive sense of well-being that’s grounded in the goodness of God
- Passion for Christ = obvious hunger for God in every season of life
- Humility = consistently looking out for others ahead of themselves
- Love for people = authentic care for the person right in front of you
- Servanthood = strong work-ethic, looks for ways to “carry the towel” for others (John 13)
- Oversee and develop a weekly, Sunday morning worship experience for Middle School students, including teaching schedule, worship team, creative elements, welcoming/1st impressions, hosting, etc.
- Oversee the development of students in worship, as well as the audio/visual aspects of the Middle School ministry
- Guide students in authentic community via Middle School LifeGroups
- Lead and administrate events for students in grades 5-8, including all prep, promo, social media, and execution
- Collaborate with the Eagle Students team in leading the student leadership team and the adult volunteer leadership team
- Develop intentional plan for 1-on-1 meetings with students as God reveals where He is at work
- Assist with leadership of social gatherings & events, student retreat(s), local serving opportunities, regional/international mission trip(s), and Ignite summer camp for grades 5-12
- Help maintain the student ministry environment(s), specifically the Loft
- Work with the Eagle Students team to develop relationships with families, providing necessary pastoral care and support
- Participate in the necessary staff meetings and ministry team meetings
- Follow communication and administrative plans consistent with the established Eagle Church procedures
- Develop and maintain disciplined work habits that foster personal spiritual growth, continued learning, personal/family health and sustainability to effectively lead with integrity ?
- The Middle School Director will receive direct supervision from the Student Pastor
- The Middle School Director will be indirectly accountable to the Elders Board