Job Title: AVL Technician
Reports to: Tech Arts Manager
Position Summary: The AVL Technician will develop and support lighting design and direction. This position will also have a vast knowledge of audio and visual equipment and stage design.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide a full range of AV technical duties, including but not be limited to, setup and operation of sound equipment, lighting, video and audio recording, LCD projection systems, equipment maintenance, as well as assisting in stage and campus setups, minor
AV installations, repairs work and maintenance tasks
- Attend pre-production meetings and / or rehearsals to take note of specific design lighting ideas and tasks that needs to be accomplished for services.
- Recruit, develop, and oversee a program for growing volunteers in their understanding of worship and their lighting design abilities.
- Carry out other AV related duties when required.
- Generate the light plot, channel hookup and sketches for performances.
- Create the lighting, atmosphere, and time of day for the production in response to the service needs, while keeping in mind issues of visibility.
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Responsible for the majority of the hands-on technical work – hanging instruments, focusing, programming the light board, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Proficient in lighting design and direction
- Proficient with the utilization of today’s lighting consoles, especially the Hog 4.
- Operate computer with Microsoft suite, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- This position requires working evenings, weekends and holidays
- Experience in technical event production
- 2 + years Lighting Director experience
- 2 + years AVL industry (or equivalent ministry) experience
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Detail oriented, producing excellence in service execution
- Proficient in programming a high fixture count/moving heads and utilizing advanced scene management
- In-depth knowledge of large format lighting and display systems and related equipment
- Excellent interpersonal skills in technical and non-technical settings
- Working knowledge of all Theater, Audio/Visual hardware and terminology necessary to effectively perform duties as described
- Must be able to walk about campus
- Lift equipment and materials weighing up to 50 pounds
If you are interested in applying for the position, please use the link below: