****Instructions in how to apply below****
Our Mission: To transform our congregation, our community and communities worldwide from the inside out through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
Our Vision : Transformed people; transformed families; transformed community.
General Information About the Position
- Arizona Hills Community Church (AHCC) seeks to fill a full-time position responsible for overseeing all aspects of student ministries: middle school (6th-8th) and high school (9th-12th).
- This position is a director or pastor level position depending on one’s education and/or experience.
- This position will report directly to the senior pastor.
- Salary will range between 40k - 47k depending on one’s education and/or experience.
- At least a Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year college or university (Bible college or Seminary desired).
- At least three years youth ministry experience in a growing youth ministry as a youth pastor/director.
- Experience and capacity to manage others.
- A strong understanding and love of the Scriptures with the ability to apply it to daily living.
- Possesses a pastoral heart (teachable and humble) to see students grow in their relationship with Christ.
- A deep love for students (loves and enjoys them).
- Meeting the 1 Timothy 3, Titus 1, and 1 Peter 5 qualifications for church leaders.
- Commitment to a team approach to ministry including appropriately delegating responsibility to team members.
- Joyful spirit and good sense of humor.
- Commitment to AHCC doctrine, vision, values, and beliefs. http://www.arizonahills.org/what-we-believe/
- Relational / grace-filled style of leadership and ministry.
- Self-starter and able to work without daily direct supervision.
- Recruit, disciple, and sustain a team of mature volunteer leaders
- Ability to lead and encourage the volunteer middle-school director
- Communicate with and engage parents as vital partners and encourage them especially in times of crisis
- Teach and equip students and leaders in small and large settings
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Relate to the unique needs of teenagers in today’s culture
- Desire and ability to meet with students and leaders one on one on a regular basis
- Is proficient with modern technology (such as using ProPresenter, email, texting, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Google Drive / Dropbox)
- Recruit, train and mobilize a ministry team of adults for the middle-school ministry and high school ministry
- Oversee and develop the various weekly, monthly, and annual activities of the student ministry
- Supervise, encourage and support the middle school youth director (currently a volunteer)
- Manage and care for the members of the student worship band(s)
- Follow through with the volunteer screening process to ensure a competent and qualified body of volunteer adults, as well as student volunteers as appropriate
- Submit an annual budget to the senior pastor
- Oversee the expenditures of the budget allocated to the youth ministries
- Oversee fund-raising efforts for youth ministries trips such as missions trips and camps
- Share in the responsibilities on Sunday morning
- Support other church staff members and ministries as needed
- Develop comprehensive, well-balanced biblical instruction and programming for growth opportunities
- Assume the role as primary teacher and provide teaching opportunities to other qualified adults, as well as to students as appropriate
- Ensure that competent adult leadership is available, not only to supervise, but to build relationships at events
- Train students and lead them in annual or bi-annual youth missions trips
- Demonstrate organizational skills in implementation of ministry
- Develop a program designed to equip students and adult volunteers to do the work of the ministry
- Provide opportunities and oversee student ministry teams (such as worship bands, skits, slides, announcements, games, etc.)
- Provide opportunities for the training and discipling of youth leaders
- Keep the senior pastor informed of the status of the student ministry on a regular basis
- Participate in weekly all-staff meetings and weekly pastoral staff meetings
- Share in preaching responsibilities as needed
- Keep elders and staff informed of emergent situations
- Demonstrate capacity for special events / retreat planning
- Be prepared for setup and tear-down on Sunday afternoons/evenings at the high school
- Sunday morning worship service attendance and participation
- Participate in church-wide events
- Capable and eager to assist the pastor with pastoral care responsibilities as needed
- Stay on top of social media posts for student ministry
Current Student Ministry Programming
- Middle School Ministry (Sunday afternoon)
- Middle School Small Groups (Tuesday evening)
- High School Ministry (HSM) (Sunday night)
- HSM Small Groups (Tuesday nights)
- One large event per month for Middle-School and HSM
- 1-2 mid-size events for Middle-School and HSM
- Lead youth worker trainings and/or gatherings
- Summer camp and retreats for Middle-School and HSM
- Missions trips (local or otherwise as desired)
- Assist in leading student leaders during VBS
About Arizona Hills Community Church
- The church was founded by Pastor Bob Lehman and Pastor Dale Farwell in 1999 who had a vision to serve the needs of the people of Anthem and it’s surrounding communities.
- AHCC has been as large as 450 people as far back as ten years ago. 2016 was a challenging year for this church and the attendance showed it. The average attendance for Sunday morning services in October 2016 was 166 (adults). The average attendance today
is 210 adults on Sunday morning (September, 2017).
- The current staff includes four full time positions (senior pastor, creative arts pastor, children’s director and office manager) as well as numerous key volunteer positions such as our middle school director and high school director, guest services coordinator,
assistant to the senior pastor, receptionist, missions team, elders, and deacons.
- The church meets weekly at the local high school (Boulder Creek) in the main auditorium Sundays at 10am. The church office is located at 4111 W. Innovative Drive on the west side of Anthem.
- Arizona Hills has a unique style of worship which is contemporary and positive.
- The church is elder governed and staff led. The senior pastor is a voting member of the elder board and the board consists of six men who hold the position for three years.
- The elder board is a mature, humble and caring group of men. They love the staff and are always eager to support them anytime and anywhere. Each are involved in ministry and love God and people.
About Anthem, AZ
- Anthem is located in the foothills, approximately 34 miles north of downtown Phoenix. It was developed in 1999 as a Master Planned Community. In 2014 the population was estimated to be around 30,000.
- Anthem was created to evoke the image of a small town. There are lots of little pocket parks and one huge community park with man made lakes, a train for the kids, baseball and soccer fields, basketball and volleyball courts, ramadas, amphitheater, etc.
Fall and spring carnivals, a 4th of July celebration, and a Veteran’s Day parade are held here.
- Four of the public K-8 schools have received an A+ rating.
About Pastor Randy
- Randy started his ministry in Ohio as a junior high pastor (1986-1989). In 1989 he began serving as a youth pastor in Mesa, AZ which included the responsibility of both junior and senior high ministries until 1991.
- In 1991 Randy became the director of the admission dept and the dean of students at Southwestern Bible College in Phoenix, AZ which is now called Arizona Christian University, serving there until 1996. It was during these years he earned a master’s degree
- Randy then served in north Phoenix as the pastor overseeing all youth ministries and youth pastors at Palmcroft Church (1996-2002).
- From Palmcroft, Randy served in Scottsdale at North Ridge Community Church as the pastor of assimilation and pastoral care (2002-2016).
- Randy has been at AHCC since November, 2016 as the pastor.
- Randy’s bachelor’s degree and Master's degree are both from Liberty Univ in theological studies.
- Randy and Judi have been married since 1989. They were married in Ohio and moved to Arizona in the fall of 1989. All three of their children were born in the Valley (Tatum, 1991; Tyler, 1994; Tessa, 1997).
Ministry / leadership style
- Randy’s ministry and leadership style both could be described as proactive, assertive with a high sense of urgency in driving to reach goals. He is not afraid to share his thoughts and ideas which tend to be innovative and challenging.
- He admires those who take well thought through risks and are not afraid to implement new ideas to reach their goals.
- His dry sense of humor permeates the the way he leads, preaches and interacts with others daily.
******* If you are interested in this position********
Thank you for your interest in this position. Please follow the following steps.
Pray for God's leading.
Read and understand the specific qualifications for this position.
If you believe that your experience and education meet the specific qualifications, UPLOAD your resume through Church Staffing (you first have to register with Church Staffing).
Be patient for any kind of reply. We are receiving many resumes from around the country and we will eventually reach out to you for more information if we need it.
Thank you. God bless you in your search for God's will in your life.