Staff Job Description
Children’s Ministry Director
Christian Life Church exists as a church to “win the lost, make disciples, and raise up the next generation of Leaders.” Located in Murfreesboro, Tennessee we are in the heart of Middle Tennessee thirty miles south of Nashville, in the center of
our community, vitally positioned to accomplish our God given Mission.
This Full-Time Children’s Director position would support the execution of the Christian Life Mission, Vision, Culture and Ministry Strategy as we serve this growing body of 750+ Members and our community. The salary for this position will be related to
experience in the field. All interested candidates must submit their resume through the Church Staffing website, please do not contact our office directly. We will accept applications until
November 30, 2017.
The Children’s Ministry Director provides visionary leadership and is responsible for all aspects of ensuring the spiritual growth and development of children from ages birth through 5th grade. This includes – but is not limited to – curriculum,
series selection, volunteer recruitment and development, classroom management, and operational management, oversight for special events and projects, and other responsibilities as delegated by the Lead Pastor.
This position will report to the Lead Pastor and work under the vision for the overall ministry to families of Christian Life Church. The Children’s Ministry Director operates by the God-given call on their life to minister to this specific age group of
children (Nursery-5th Grade) in a way that exemplifies the work of Christ in their life. The ultimate goal is to influence children to grow spiritually, learn about Jesus, and lead lives that reflect His Lordship.
- Prayerfully select children’s curriculum topics and develop age-appropriate versions for elementary and pre-school ages.
- Oversee the implementation of all curriculums in their varied environments – from Nursery to Fifth grade.
- Effectively recruit and train kid’s leaders and volunteers ensuring that they effectively “live out” our culture, values, and vision.
- Conduct a fun and anointed kids service where growth and life-change happens.
- Work closely with the Youth Pastor to insure consistency and communication.
- Work with the Creative Team to effectively advertise upcoming kid’s events to parents and the congregation as a whole.
- Recruit, train, interview, and screen potential volunteers to make sure they are effective and adhering to church policies and procedures.
- Create and maintain the monthly schedule of all volunteer positions and key personnel.
- Develop and maintain security standards that ensure kids are safe and taken care of.
- Assist in the development of an annual budget for children’s ministries and manage spending in accordance of the approved budget.
- Plan and oversee special events that help connect families.
- Fulfill pastoral duties such as counseling, baptism, hospital visitation, and general pastoral care related to kids and their families.
- Lead departmental meetings and empower volunteers to fulfill their unique role in ministry.
- Oversee Children’s workers by setting job descriptions, managing schedules, and ensuring all policies and procedures are met.
- Lead the creative use and proactive upkeep of children’s ministry facilities and ensure they are clean and presentable for all services and children’s events.
- Develop and maintain a quick and enjoyable check-in and check-out area.
- Perform assigned duties and responsibilities assigned by the Lead Pastor or his representative.
- Coordinate outreach events for children and young families in the community.
- Maintain the God-ordained priorities in your life putting Jesus Christ first, your spouse second, children third and ministry fourth.
- Maintain high personal moral and spiritual standards. Represent a Christ-like character in speech, life, and ministry with the utmost integrity in all situations.
- Be loyal to the vision, lead pastor, staff, and leaders of Christian Life Church and always protect the unity God has given this church.
- Be intentional to connect with new and existing attenders at the check-in area.
- Proactively build and maintain a pastoral influence with church attenders, volunteers, and leaders.
- Maintain an attitude of professionalism and respect for the work environment by maintaining a calendar, arriving on time for all appointments and meeting deadlines.
- Operate with humility while developing a teachable and trainable spirit that strives for excellence.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Church ministry, children/youth ministry, education, or related field preferred.
- Minimum 2-year experience leading children’s or youth in a ministry setting.
- Good leadership and management skills
- Spiritually, relationally, and emotionally healthy
- Highly motivated self-starter, team and detail oriented, positive, servant hearted, people person, relational, creative
- Ability to resolve problems in a resourceful, Christ-like manner
- Ability to strategize and be a forward-thinker
- Adapts to growth, change, innovation and creativity
- Support the overall vision of Christian Life Church
- Great communication skills (both written and oral)
- Experience with Planning Center, Basecamp and Word.
Key Performance Measurements:
- Develop a vision and strategy that is in line with the Christian Life culture to effectively minister to children and their families that is Volunteer friendly and effective.
- There is active growth and development of volunteer teams, that are effectively carrying the culture of CLC.
- The children's ministry is growing at a healthy pace and the environment is exciting, creative, safe, and life-giving.
- You are well-respected by parents and volunteers.
- Kids are growing in their knowledge and application of Biblical truths in their everyday lives.
- The church is connected and enthused about what is happening in the children's areas.