Student Ministry Pastor
The mission of Crossroads Community Church is to “Lead People to the Truth that Transforms Lives in North Central Ohio and Around the World.” Crossroads strives to accomplish this mission through three distinct core values: by being committed to glorifying
God, by being connected in community, and through the calling to share. Crossroads Student Ministry dynamically leads students so that they can be transformed by the effective work of God’s Word. We want introduce unbelieving students to Christ as well as
to help believing students to grow as Christ followers, and are looking for a Student Ministry Pastor to lead in these vital areas.
The Student Ministry Pastor will help to lead, create, and align the Student Ministry department of the church to fulfill the mission of the church and to support the core values. Specifically, this role involves teaching students, encouraging them, challenging
them, and training them in righteousness. The Student Ministry Pastor will cast vision for the ministry. He will train students and adults in leadership and service. These roles involve creating and developing new opportunities for students to connect their
hearts to the person of Jesus Christ.
The candidate must be able to lead in a variety of settings, be a gifted teacher, a visionary leader, and one that values teamwork. The candidate must have a passion for leading leaders by equipping them and overseeing their development. The successful
candidate must be able to effectively preach God’s Word and to develop others in that area of ministry. He must embody energy and integrity that others will follow. The candidate must be an intuitive leader, Spirit led, Christ-focused, and one who edifies
people. He must communicate well with students and with parents, both verbally and in writing. The Student Ministry Pastor must be passionate about training students to engage God’s Word and about investing in their lives.
Crossroads is a contemporary church of approximately 2,200+, and celebrated its 20th anniversary in the fall of 2016. We are experiencing a season of growth and development. We have launched an initiative to start new campuses throughout our region. Go
to our website, www.crossroadswired.com for more information. Crossroads is found in Mansfield, Ohio, a city of 50,000 people, located in a region of 225,000. The Mansfield area is conveniently located on two major highways, and sits between two major cities,
Columbus and Cleveland. There are many family friendly attractions in the area, and many outdoor activities year-round. For more information on all that the area has to offer visit http://www.mansfieldtourism.com.
The Crossroads Community Church Student Ministry Pastor is to be a man of God, who has ordered his life in compliance with the teaching of Scripture and the example of our Lord. He is to be an example to the believers in personal godliness (1 Timothy 4:12)
and to exemplify God’s requirements for a pastor, which includes maintaining a proper Christian home (1 Timothy 3:1-7).
- Must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, through faith in Him as the Way, the Truth, and the Life
- Be fully committed to living a godly life
- Be fully committed to his family by lovingly leading his spouse and children in life and ministry
- Be willing to join the family of Crossroads Community Church as a member
- Be committed to the ministry of Crossroads Community Church and see his role as one of shepherding and guiding Crossroads’ students to be fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ
- Be a team player, willing to work within the boundaries of the Generations staff, the pastoral staff, the elder board, and leaders in the ministry
Crossroads Student Ministry:
Our goal is to assist the youth of Crossroads Community Church in becoming fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ. The Student Ministry Pastor helps to lead the overall vision and focus of the Student Ministry of the church. He creates opportunities and
environments for Crossroads students and adult leaders to engage Christ.
- Teaching God’s Word in a responsible and effective manner
- Helping to develop, articulate, and cast the overall vision for the Student Ministry department
- Teaming with Generations staff, Crossroads staff, parents, as well as student and adult leaders
- Assisting in the direction and the creative planning of Student Ministry services
- Designing and coordinating events (in cooperation of the Generations Pastor and Student Ministry Coordinator)
- Cultivating and fostering a commitment to excellence by creatively keeping Crossroads Student Ministry current
- Providing leadership and training to the staff and volunteers of the Student Ministry department
- Managing multiple teams of students (recruit, train, schedule, and inspire)
- Developing and implementing discipleship reproduction (leaders developing leaders, groups developing groups)
- Carrying out other duties as assigned by the Generations Pastor (regarding the coordination and facilitation of other programmed events like baptisms, dedications, weddings, funerals, etc.)
- Must love and serve Jesus Christ above all others, be mature in their Christian faith, and consider the position a call from God.
- Maintain an authentic and growing walk with Christ through the ongoing spiritual disciplines of Bible reading, prayer, personal worship, fasting, confession, and fellowship.
- Due to the nature of the position we prefer the applicant be married and have a passion for healthy families and relationships
- Demonstrate excellence as a teacher of Scripture (grounded in Reformed Theology and in agreement with the doctrines of Scripture and of Crossroads)
- Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading students, adult leaders, and parents
- An understanding of the use of technology in ministry
- Agree with the overall ministry philosophy and direction of Crossroads
- Be progressive, forward-thinking, fun, and self-motivated
- Have experience in ministry; preferably student ministry and preferably at a church of 2,000 or more
- Understand ministry philosophy and processes to help grow the Crossroads Student Ministry
- Have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, Master’s degree preferred
Salary Package (compensation based upon education and experience)
Send Resumes to email@example.com
Applications are available through www.crossroadswired.com