Kirkwood Church is a Fellowship congregation of the Presbyterian Church(USA). Our church was established 35 years ago in the southwest corridor of Bradenton, Florida. In the last 5 years, we are a congregation that is intentionally replanting
ourselves by nurturing a new worshipping community (called The Well) that will ultimately become the predominant worship ministry of the church. While the membership of the congregation is approximately 300 on the rolls, that number does not include long-time
worshippers who call our church home or close to 100 snowbirds who attend worship regularly and participate in the life of the church for approximately 6 months each year.
We are a financially stable congregation and are working hard to engage our people in generosity and on-going stewardship. Kirkwood is a congregation that values solid Biblical teaching, evangelism, mission, and intentional intergenerational
ministry. We are a risk-taking congregation unafraid to do bold things for the Kingdom of God. We do not participate in discussions that include the words, “but it’s always been done this way.”
More information about our church and our specific beliefs can be found at www.biggreenchurch.org
Our Team :
Our team is led by Dr. Hope Lee. Dr. Lee is in her 14th year of ordained ministry and her 7th year as Lead Pastor in this congregation. She holds a B.A. from Eckerd College, a M.Div from Columbia Theological Seminary, and
a D.Min from Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary. She is a certified field education supervisor with both Princeton Theological Seminary and Eastern Seminary. Dr. Lee is an evangelism coach for the PC(USA) working with congregations to develop their evangelism
DNA and she is a widely sought after speaker and teacher for conferences around the country.
Rev. Sung Lee is our Associate for Worship & Technology and currently leads our Youth and Student Ministry. Rev. Lee is also in his 14th year of ordained ministry and his 5th year on our staff. The Lees are husband and
Additionally, we have a part-time financial/membership secretary, office administrator, Director of Music Ministry, Nursery Director, and Sexton. We also have a volunteer Coordinator for Mission & Outreach and a very part-time volunteer Associate
for Teaching & Pastoral Care, who is an ordained pastor (retired) with the Presbyterian Church in Canada. We also have 9 elders who serve as our governing board and spiritual leadership for the congregation.
It is important that the person who is called to this position understand they are joining a team that is driven, motivated, and highly invested in Kingdom ministry. All team members work together to support the overall ministry of the church.
- A solid understanding of the Reformed tradition and the ability to teach others, specifically adults, from this perspective.
- Experience in church ministry (2+ years minimum) , particularly in the area of teaching adults and equipping other teachers.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in this field
- No prior criminal activity. A complete criminal background check will be required of the successful applicant.
- Develop and lead at least one weekday/night adult education class in the fall and the winter/spring.
- Recruit and equip leaders to teach on Sunday mornings in order to be able to expand our adult educational ministry offerings.
- Oversee and provide resources for the Women and Men’s Ministry of the congregation.
- Recruit, coordinate, and equip the hospitality team for The Well service and for special services of the church throughout the year.
- Plan and facilitate fellowship opportunities (approximately 9 per year) that engage a wide-variety of participants in the life of the church.
- Plan and facilitate fellowship opportunities (approximately 3 per year) that are specifically meant to engage and connect adults.
- Develop a comprehensive plan to begin small group connectional ministry.
- Work with the pastors to provide pastoral care across the life of the congregation as needed.
Compensation & Benefits :
- This is a full-time position with salary negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
*** Please refer to our website www.biggreenchurch.org prior to applying. Notice that our Head of Staff is female and that we are a church that is steeped in the Reformed tradition.