The role of the Director of Community Life is to develop and sustain a relational ministry with adults at PLCPC with a particular focus on small groups, families, and men’s ministry that deepens both communal and individual lives in Christ.
Vision and Ministry Development:
- Grow the small group ministry at PLCPC by providing administrative oversight, leadership development, and curriculum selection/development in collaboration with the Senior Pastor, utilizing our vision/mission and the information found in our Mission Study.
- Encourage and connect small groups to SERVE projects throughout our community.
- Provide, through both direct involvement and/or leadership development, more opportunities for working people, families and men to grow deeper in Christ.
- Seek to discern God's vision for Community Life, translate this vision into tangible goals and programs, and communicate this vision to church leaders and members.
- Provide leadership for our newly formed family ministry with direct involvement in our yearly Family Camp and family events throughout the year (Red Brick Christmas Celebration, Easter Fest, Other Family Events—quarterly).
- Teach or engage speakers on relevant biblical topics during different “growing” seasons of the year (currently, October and Lent)
- Be the staff liaison for the Adult Ministry Committee working directly with the Adult Ministry elder.
- Be directly involved in our Sunday morning worship services by providing pastoral leadership at 8:30 and 9:45 Café Services. Preach on occasion.
- Be involved in all large community events/services throughout the year, including Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, SERVE projects, Fall Kick-off, etc.
Administrative and Community Duties:
- Contribute to all-church communications such as weekly Bulletin, monthly
Spire, weekly e-blast, and the church website; pointlomachurch.org. Blog on occasion.
- Spend time with adults in our community to assess their needs.
- Attend continuing education seminars and conferences pertaining to adult ministry.
- Develop and manage with the Adult Ministry Committee the adult program budget.
- Attend weekly PLCPC staff meetings and monthly Adult Ministry Committee meetings.
- Work collaboratively with our Children’s, Youth, and Senior Adult Ministry Directors.
Accountability and Evaluation:
- Reports directly to Senior Pastor
- Inform pastors, Adult Ministry Committee, staff, and congregation of concerns and ministry needs, through but not limited to:
- Monthly meeting with Senior Pastor
- Weekly church staff meeting.
- Monthly meeting with chair of Adult Ministry Committee and/or Adult Ministry Committee
- Accountable to Session via elders of Adult Ministry Committee and Personnel Committee with monthly reports.
- Participate with all ministry staff in team building exercises to include but not limited to, weekly staff meetings, staff retreat and staff gatherings for fellowship/training.
- Performance and terms of employment are reviewed by the Senior Pastor and elders of Adult Ministry Committee and Personnel after the first 90 days and annually thereafter.
- Must be committed disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ, with personal maturity in leading and serving others in a Christian lifestyle consistent with the PC(USA) Book of Order.
- Have a sense of calling to the education and spiritual development of adults and possess a charisma and style that is attractive to people.
- Have a strong commitment to own personal spiritual, physical, and emotional well-being.
- Have a strong commitment to servant leadership, working well independently, as well as part of a team.
- Master’s in Theology, Divinity, Christian Education or similar degree
- Scriptural knowledge, theological competency, and knowledge of and adherence to PC(USA) doctrine.
- Two to four years of experience working with group leadership, and team building with strong skills in administration, communication, and organization of church programs.
- Technical skills in computer use, to include but not limited to, PowerPoint, Excel, graphics, and communication through Facebook, text, email, etc.
- This is a full-time salaried position.
- Salary is $50k with health benefits and ten days of vacation.
- Expected start date: asap
Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory completion of a background check, including an investigation with the State and Federal authorities regarding any history of criminal activities and personal and professional references.
*Please provide a detailed resume with all relevant experience and references along with an answer to the following question: “Describe your ideal day away from work” to firstname.lastname@example.org