Have you been praying and thinking about the future of your life and ministry? About stepping out of your comfort zone? About impacting a world-class city? About responding to that sense of Godly discontent? About following Jesus no matter the cost? About
building something great for God's glory? About partnering with a team of pastors? Are you passionate for God's word, God's power, and God's mission through the church? If so, this Pastor role could be your perfect fit. It will be challenging and stretching.
But also joyful, adventurous, and—God willing—fruitful.
Job Title: Pastor
Description: This full-time position is for the role of a Pastor as described in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, 1 Peter 5:1-5, and Acts 20:17-35 (please review these verses). While general spiritual shepherding of the church is the primary
responsibility of this role, this position will have an emphasis on leading and developing our Small Group ministry.
Depending on the candidate’s call and gifting, this role may evolve into a greater position in the future. A life-long desire and commitment for city ministry is essential, with the understanding that God can redirect this calling down the road.
Core pastoral responsibilities:
- Equip: Getting people involved in ministry by pastoring, inviting, discipling, developing, training, supporting, caring, and delegating. There will be a special focus on leading and developing our Small Group ministry.
- Witness: Building relational bridges into our city. Intentionally sharing Jesus with those outside the church and regularly inviting people into our community.
- Initiative: Lovingly confronting, challenging, or rebuking believers who are ensnared in sin and/or leading others astray.
- Faith: Displaying an unwavering commitment to God’s calling on our church and infusing people with a sense of adventure and celebration towards our objective.
Specific areas of responsibility:
- Leading weekend church gatherings.
- Overseeing our entire Small Group ministry by identifying and raising up leaders.
- Mastering a core Small Group curriculum.
- Preaching semi-regularly.
- Supporting our Newcomers Breakfast, Membership Lunch, membership follow-ups and reviews.
- Assisting staff and volunteer staff.
- Actively integrating new people.
- In this specific role we are looking for a male leader.
- Held previous related church staff role with at least three years experience is preferred.
- Strengths in leadership and communication.
- Holds qualification in Biblical Studies or relevant/related fields is preferred.
- Live or be willing to relocate to be in very close proximity to our current meeting location in order to:
- Be embedded in local rhythms.
- Connect with people in the neighborhood.
- Enroll any children in the local school and be active parents in the school system.
- Demonstrate a passion for rich theology, spiritual gifts, and God's mission.
- Display healthy amount of self-awareness.
- Provide evidence of being a self-starter who is intrinsically motivated and requires little oversight.
- Show examples of follow-through, willingness to change, and ability to learn new skills.
- Provide examples of working well on and leading a team.
- Show examples of loyalty.
- Reimbursable: Coffee shops, CTA, some meals, home internet, cell phone, some home office expenses.
- Retirement after first year.
- Church conference/retreat registration, travel, and food related costs.
- Complete pre-application steps.
- Apply (below).
- Application review.
- Final decision.