Cornerstone is looking to add a part time worship leader to their team. We are located 10 minutes south of Springfield, IL in the town of Auburn. We are a non-denominational church that currently runs around 180 people. We are experiencing growth and there
is a tremendous opportunity to be part of what God is doing.
We are seeking a high-caliber, warm and friendly team member who is ready to partner with our staff to develop a disciple multiplying ministry.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and references through the form at
** Direct emails will not be considered. Thank you.
Applications are due before January 1, 2018
Thanks for taking time to explore this opportunity.
MISSION: We exist to make and multiply disciples that know, reflect, serve and point to Jesus
VALUES: Core Values
- We speak timeless truth in timely ways- biblical truth
- We are messes becoming masterpieces- growth
- We are connected beyond convenience- relationships
- We need the next generation NOW- youth
- We are contributors, not consumers- service
- We are all missionaries- evangelism
- We can do more by doing less- excellence
- We commit to the future and celebrate the past- innovation
Reports To: Lead Pastor
The Worship Pastor is responsible for taking the mission and values of Cornerstone and implementing them personally in their own spiritual life, practically in area of those involved in the worship ministry, and through those duties to make it possible for
the larger church body to grow as disciples.
- Person of faith practicing Christian principles and living in Christ-like character
- Musically gifted and proficient as a vocalist and instrumentalist and able to lead others in God-honoring and God-focused worship
- Experience in leading a band in Modern Worship (Bethel, Hillsong, Elevation, Jesus Culture, etc.)
- Thorough understanding of audio visual equipment and able to troubleshoot technical problems and implement upgrades
- Strong ear and ability to discern instrumental and vocal parts for the purposes of rehearsal and preparing charts
- Able to communicate with various instrumentalists and vocalists on what is needed from everyone to contribute to the needs of the team and the songs.
- Experience leading with click tracks, in-ear monitors, and multitracks from loopcommunity.com
- Proactive in pursuing conflict resolution and relational reconciliation
- Shows a willingness to seek new information, training, and is proactive in problem solving
- Chemistry that ‘fits’ the existing team and leadership
- Participate in the life of the church
- Guitar leadership preferred, instrumental leadership required
- Capable of filling in on multiple instruments if needed
- Knowledge and ability with Ableton Live, Reason, and other Multitrack software
- Collaborate with the Lead Pastor to design a worship experience that leads our congregation in adoration, confession, thanksgiving, instruction, fellowship, communion, and being sent on mission.
- Plan calls to worship, scripture readings, corporate prayers and other elements in addition to theologically sound musical worship.
- Oversees the scheduling, recruitment, training, and communication with all worship personnel
- Coordinates and manages the worship ministry budget with the Lead Pastor
- Maintain Planning Center and Rehearsal Resources including charts, audio files, video tutorials, and other materials
- Communicate weekly with the Lead Pastor on service planning and evaluation
- Set up, maintain, or tear down the musical equipment, stage, and sound closet as needed
- Oversee the weekly worship presentation in MediaShout/ProPresenter including lyrics, announcement slides, video clips, scriptures, prayers, and other elements
- Weekly preparation
- Thursday evening rehearsals
- Sunday morning rehearsal, two services
- Christmas Eve and Easter Services