Located in Raleigh, North Carolina, Grace Community Church began in 2000. We have a Presbyterian background but are a non-denominational church. Over the past 17 years we have seen God do some incredible things in and through our church, but we are hopeful
that the best is yet to come. After bringing on a new Senior Pastor in April of this year, we are experiencing growth and revitalization and are excited to be building a team for the future of Grace Community Church.
About the Position:
The Student Youth Director will oversee both the Middle and High School ministries at Grace Community Church. The mission of the church is to love Jesus, love our neighbor, and live faithfully. The Student Youth Director will lead the students in such
a way that they are discipled and compelled to live out this vision in their schools and various communities. This leader will strengthen and grow an already healthy team of volunteers, plan and coordinate both a middle school and high school Sunday evening
service each week, plan and lead summer camps and mission trips, and work alongside the Children’s Ministry Director and Senior Pastor to instill a culture of discipleship in the families of Grace.
Our hope is that the position will grow along with the church and who we hire now will become a central part of staff and leadership in the years to come.
Success in this role will be measured in the following ways:
- Health and growth of weekly student gatherings
- Unchurched students coming to faith and churched students experiencing a deepening of their faith
- Growth in the volunteer teams surrounding the Student Ministry
- A greater student presence in the Sunday morning service
- Development of a presence in the community through attending events at local middle and high schools
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required; completion or pursuit of a seminary degree is preferred.
- Several years of experience working or volunteering with students is required. Preference will be given to those who have led student ministries previously or have served as interns in a large, thriving student ministry.
- Capable of teaching the Bible in a compelling and engaging way
- Must be a “people-gatherer” and capable of relating to adult teams of volunteers as well as students
- Must be comfortable and confident on stage
- The most successful candidate will have a fire to reach students and know how to have a blast doing it
- Must be a team player as this position will work alongside and lead our Student Ministry Associate
- A proficiency in video editing and graphic design is desired
This will be a full-time position with the expectation of working 35+ hours per week most weeks.
Compensation will be determined based on experience. Benefits available, however no relocation allowance available.
If you would like to pursue a position with us at Grace, please submit the following to
Resume, cover letter, and 3 links (if available) to you teaching.
In your cover letter, please describe for us what draws you to this position and to Grace Community Church.