Church of the Advent provides a vibrant context for people to share in the life of God together by redefining and reorienting everything around the gospel of Jesus Christ. We seek a faith-filled worship arts pastor to lead us in music that is theologically
rich, grounded in liturgy, and attuned to culture.
Hours: 12 hours/week
Compensation: $15,000/year (note bonus opportunities below which can increase hours and salary)
Vacation: 4 weeks/year
Desired Characteristics and Skills:
- Leadership: Ability to lead others as worshipers and as musicians into a meaningful encounter with the living God through liturgical worship.
- Liturgical Comprehension: Knowledge of the liturgical seasons and patterns of Anglican worship.
- Cooperation: Eagerness to work with the lead pastor to fulfill the vision and values of Advent in and through worship.
- Spiritual Vitality and Health: Able to share the life of God with others through personal experience of the power of the gospel
- Organization: Able to organize a worship plan and execute it by communicating effectively with a team each week.
- Prepare and Lead Music in Sunday Worship in a manner consistent with the liturgical theme and Sunday readings (8.5 hrs).
- Recruit and Lead Worship Ministry Team in a manner that develops passion and talent and promotes the effectiveness of the team (1.5 hrs).
- Coordinate Ministry with Lead Pastor: Meet each week to
coordinate music and aesthetic concerns into larger worship vision (1 hr).
- Participate fully in the life of the church, including a small group.
Bonus Opportunities: hours and salary to be discussed and negotiated.
- Missional Leadership: Provide energy and vision for outreach to our Villa Park Neighborhood and beyond.
- Youth Ministry Leadership: Work with our small number of junior high students and expand work to grow a youth group.