First Baptist Church of Allentown (Pennsylvania) is prayerfully seeking a full-time Youth Ministry Director. This individual will be responsible for leading the youth ministry, connecting with involved youth and their parents/guardians and reaching out to
youth in the local community while sharing the life giving truth of the Gospel in love.
The Youth Ministry Director should have a firm personal faith in Jesus Christ; a Servant’s heart; love for God’s inerrant Word; excellent people, leadership and organizational skills; and, feel a strong calling from God to minister to young adults in Jr.
and Sr. High.
- Forming relationships with youth & parents in order to foster an environment that helps them grow in their faith and knowledge of Jesus Christ.
- Teaching Youth Bible Study on Sunday and Wednesday evenings, and lead Sunday morning Sunday school classes.
- Seeking to identify, foster & develop leadership skills among lay staff and youth.
- Planning/Arranging and participating in church-sponsored youth and community events.
- Regularly attending and participating in Sunday morning worship services.
- Communicating effectively with youth, youth parents/guardians, church leaders and the overall church membership at large.
- Three to five (3-5) years Youth Ministry leadership experience.
- Formal Bible training.
- Associates or Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Ability to teach God’s Word in small and large group settings.
- Dynamic, relational people skills.
- Have initiative and be self-motivated.
- Relate and connect with Jr. and Sr. High students.
- Possess qualities to both be an example of living a Christ-centered life while developing meaningful spiritual relationships with youth, parents & volunteers.
- Skills to recruit, disciple and delegate to youth leadership teams.
- Foresight in planning events and activities which will impact the walk of Christian youth and motivate them to both live out their faith publicly while supporting one another in a supportive and loving Christian community, while at the same time maintaining
a focus on our mission of reaching unbelievers with the Gospel.