First Baptist Church Frisco is a growing church reaching out to the people of Frisco, TX and surrounding cities. The church is seeking a Student Ministry Associate for the Student Ministry.
Position Summary: The Associate Minister is a key member of the student ministry staff of FBC Frisco responsible for helping oversee and serve the FBC Frisco Student Ministry, grades6th-12th grade, in a rapidly
growing community with sixteen middle schools and ten high schools.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university related to student ministry. A Master’s Degree is highly preferred.
- Successful experience as student minister working with middle school and/or high school students in a church is highly preferred.
- Must have a passion and love for students.
- Must possess administrative abilities and organizational skills related to student ministry.
- Must possess management skills to help lead a large group of volunteers as well as paid interns.
- Video production and graphic design is a plus.
Requirements: Must be a devoted follower of Jesus Christ, have a heart for and a desire to evangelize, disciple, and shepherd students. Must be highly organized and have gifts and talents compatible with the leadership
and administration of FBC Frisco and be willing to follow and implement the mission and vision as set forth by the pastor. Must possess personal maturity and evidenced by the fruits of the Spirit and have a personal theology compatible with that of FBC Frisco.
Must be free from addictions and life dominating sins, have a humble teachable spirit, display a good sense of humor, and possess a flexible and adaptable attitude.
General Responsibilities of the Student Ministry Associate:
- Plan and execute an assimilation plan for middle and high school students and parents including welcoming guests, tracking guests, and effective follow up. Will include, phone calls, home visits, and other communications.
- Teach and lead on Wednesdays and occasional Sunday morning environments.
- Identify, invite, develop, and equip adult leaders who will invest in the lives of students.
- Develop, organize, and lead outreach events for middle and high school. (B events)
- Develop and implement communication strategies to inform students, parents, the church body, and the community regarding activities of FBC Frisco. This would include videos and social media platforms.
- Support FBC Frisco students and outreach to students in community through attendance of extracurricular activities of the Frisco ISD. FCA is a major partner for our school strategy.
- Share in pastoral care duties as it relates to student ministry.
- Work with adults and children’s divisions to provide cohesive education and discipleship ministry to the entire family and to equip, support, and supplement parent’s ministry to children and students within their own families.
- Attend weekly staff meetings to coordinate calendar and fellowship with staff as well as other tactical meetings as directed by the Minister of Students.
- Attendance at out of town trips, such as camps, mission trips, and other student trips is essential.
- Participate in a team setting of overall ministry.
Work Days: Sunday – Thursday (Occasionally Fridays and Saturdays)
Salary Range: Commensurate based on experience
Benefits: Health & Disability Insurance, Vacation/Sick Leave, 403(b) Retirement Plan
If interested in this position, please send qualifications to