POSITION: Director of Contemporary Worship
SCOPE: Full time; Salary Range $40,000-$45,000 DOE
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The Director of Contemporary Worship provides leadership and coordination for the Contemporary Worship Services. This individual is responsible for directing the contemporary worship team, of musicians and vocalists. The director works in cooperation with
the Director for Traditional Worship and reports to the Pastor/Head of Staff. Contemporary worship is an established and substantial part of the life of St. Andrew’s. It is our hope that the Director will build on this foundation and grow the way contemporary
worship helps us know God and make God known.
- Recruit, equip, motivate, supervise and shepherd music team leaders and musicians and direct the team in weekly rehearsals.
- Actively search out new music to support the services.
- Design weekly worship service to include music, dramas, video clips and other creative elements for worship.
- Work in cooperation with pastors, staff (including technical staff & volunteers), and other music ministry staff to coordinate Music and Worship scheduling
- Provide leadership in consultation with pastors and worship team in music selection appropriate to church year and specific services.
- Recruit and schedule special music, soloists, ensembles and guest musicians.
- Maintain music library and oversee volunteer(s) who develop, maintain and keep inventory of all contemporary music and worship related equipment, materials and accessories.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and monthly Worship and Music Committee meetings.
Prior experience leading contemporary worship is desirable;
Good organizational skills, flexible, and detail oriented;
Strong enthusiastic leader who can engage people and motivate volunteers;
Good communicator, comfortable with public speaking and leading prayer;
Skilled in using technology for communication and planning.;
DESIRED MUSICAL COMPETENCIES
Ability in wide range of styles but with a focus on contemporary music.
Proficiency in keyboard / piano or guitar.
Arranging, composing, and sequencing music.
Experience with producing and directing special events, programs or musicals.
Experience with technical aspects of contemporary services: for example, sound boards, theater lights, video editing, etc. is desirable.
The Director is a visible representative of St. Andrew's, and therefore, is expected to witness by word and lifestyle the principles of the Christian faith in the Reformed tradition and be a role model of Christian leadership.
Interested persons should submit their cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.