CHILDREN’S MINISTRY DIRECTOR
Parkside Chapel of the C&MA
3200 E. Walnut Avenue, Visalia, CA 93292
HOURS: 40 hours a week
TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- To ignite in children a desire for a genuine relationship with Christ and to equip them for the spiritual battle.
- To encourage and equip parents to develop a biblical worldview in their children.
- To promote Scripture memorization, prayer, personal Bible reading, and age appropriate opportunities for ministry.
- To teach a Bible-based curriculum and encourage a Biblically-based lifestyle among the children.
- A vital, personal relationship with Jesus Christ; maintaining personal spiritual development through Bible reading, prayer, and Christian community.
- A call to serve in children’s ministry and the ability to relate to parents and children with love and understanding.
- Ability to teach and mentor children with patience and an accepting heart.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills; a self-starter with the ability to prioritize projects and attend to details with excellence.
- Ability to build and lead volunteer teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field of study; minimum of 5 years of experience in Children’s Ministry preferred
- In agreement with Christian & Missionary Alliance doctrine and mission as well as endorse and support Parkside Chapel’s Vision.
RESPONSIBLE TO the Board of Elders, working directly under the supervision of the Lead Pastor.
- Oversee & develop the Sunday morning ministry (nursery – 6th grade); provide leadership of additional Children’s ministries including AWANA, special events, Vacation Bible School; opportunities for 4th-6th grade children's camps and retreats.
- Maintain safe workplace procedures and child protection policies.
- Recruit, equip and lead an adult volunteer staff.
- Identify and recommend Biblical teaching material for Elder approval and train the staff in the effective use of approved materials.
- Effectively manage the ministry budget.
- Communicate consistently with parents.
- Provide tools to help parents with the spiritual training of their children.
- Demonstrate caring and concern for Parkside children and families by making hospital visits and follow-up as circumstances may require
- Work with other pastors to coordinate areas of ministry within the larger life of the church body in pursuit of Parkside’s Vision Statement.
- Always exhibit professionalism, demonstrated by a well-groomed appearance, a conscientious work ethic, and a willingness to work at a fast pace within a variety of settings and circumstances with composure and flexibility.
- Always conscious of the need for confidentiality, exercising discernment and wise judgment.
- Maintain a strategy for reaching and assimilating new children and families.
- Provide and oversee childcare for church-wide events on an “as needed” basis.
- Other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor & Elders.