The ministry team at First Congregational Church (FCC) in Parkersburg, IA is seeking a Student Ministries Pastor to join our growing ministry. Our goal is to work as a team to draw people to Jesus Christ both locally and globally. In this newly created
position, The Student Ministries Pastor will be responsible to provide leadership and oversight to the student ministries of the church. He will be expected to build relationships with students and parents and be visible in the community to help promote the
outreach ministry of the church. He will be expected to offer support to leaders in the Middle School and High School ministries by providing teaching material, helping to recruit and train volunteers, and be present to assist in each of the student ministries.
It is the desire of FCC’s leadership to keep our paid staff fresh and passionate. At FCC, we are prayerfully forward thinking about ways to challenge followers of Christ while engaging the lost in the community. If you are a motivated team player who strives
to take initiative and wants to join a church body who loves to serve, we want to hear from you. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and doctrinal statement to First Congregational Church, P.O. Box 100, Parkersburg, IA 50665
First Congregational Church of Parkersburg, IA
Student Ministries Pastor Position
The student Ministries Pastor must be a believer in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. He must be called by God into ministry, have a servant’s heart and a desire to live for God’s glory. His life should model the Christian Characteristics of an elder as described
in 1 Timothy 3:1-13, Titus 1:5-9, and 1 Peter 5:1-4. He must have a clear calling to student ministries and a proven ability to successfully minister to both students and their parents. He must have a shepherd’s heart and a love for people. He must have
the ability to clearly share the Gospel, teach the Word of God and offer life-application. He must be a self-starter, able to coordinate schedules and share in the vision of the church along with those on the leadership team. He should be gifted in leadership
and administration and be a team player. He should be organized, able to clearly communicate and able to delegate. This man must be in agreement with First Congregational Church’s Mission and Statement of Faith.
The Student Ministries Pastor will be responsible to provide leadership and oversight to the Student ministries of the church. He will be expected to build relationships with students and parents and be visible in the community to help promote the outreach
ministry of the church. He will be expected to offer support to leaders in the Middle School and High School ministries by providing teaching material, helping to recruit and train volunteers, and be present to assist in each of the student ministries. He
will be expected to attend student events in the community, offer counseling and support to students and their parents and connect with parents on a regular basis. He will be expected to help plan, promote and execute summer mission opportunities as well
as opportunities for students and leaders to grow.
The Student Ministries Pastor will be expected to oversee the 7th Grade through Adult Sunday school ministry of the church and will help recruit teachers and provide support in choosing teaching material.
The Student Ministries Pastor will be expected to be proficient in social media communication and digital technologies.
The Student Ministries Pastor will work alongside the Lead Shepherding Pastor and the Leadership Team to visit the sick and shut-ins as well as champion the vision and outreach effort of the church. He will be expected to officiate at funerals and weddings
The Student Ministries Pastor will be accountable to the Lead Pastor, Elder and Deacon Board, and Trustee Board.
- Build relationships with students and parents by attending school functions and community events. Help to create an irresistible environment for students to belong where each can be challenged to follow Jesus Christ and grow in their relationship with
Him. Challenge students to be invitational.
- Provide teaching resources and support for the leaders of High School and Middle School youth group and Sunday school classes. Help plan an annual programming calendar of lesson topics, special speakers, serving opportunities and fun events.
- Recruit and train leaders of Student ministries. Provide outside opportunities such as conferences and rallies to help grow leaders of these ministries.
- Be in the teaching rotation of all Student Ministries.
- Assure that each student has 2 personal contacts a year with a youth leader.
- Facilitate Fall and Spring parent meetings. Facilitate regular planning and training meetings for all volunteers.
- Promote all Student Ministries. Communicate all calendar items with staff and Administrative Assistant.
- Give oversight and support to 7th grade through Adult Sunday school ministries.
- Plan, promote and help carry out summer mission and discipleship opportunities for students. Provide support for Camp Koinonia.
- Be the contact person for the Coop of Care Ministry of the church and work alongside community leaders to discern ways the church body can serve.
- Encourage students to use their gifts and talents in Sunday Worship Services.
- Minister along with the Shepherding Pastor to visit the sick, shut-ins and needy in the congregation and community.
- Preach Occasionally.
- Officiate at Funerals and Weddings as needed.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit:
1) Cover Letter
3) Doctrinal Statement
First Congregational Church
Attention Search Committee
P.O. Box 100
Parkersburg, IA 50665