Description of Organization:
We are a growing nondenominational church in the Central Florida Area. We are reformed in our theology. We are baptist in our practicing of the sacraments. We are contemporary in style. We are simple in our structure and programming. While not
quite fitting in to the seeker-sensitive/attractional church model, we are outward-focused. You can get a feel for us by visiting our website: www.goodnewsocala.com.
Good News Church began six years ago with a handful of people and now averages around 500 attendees on a Sunday. We reach out to people of all different ages, though we usually skew younger, especially compared to the other churches in our area. There are a
lot of families in their 20’s, 30’s, 40’s, and therefore a large number of children. Children actually make up over 20% of the total attendance. Good News Church currently has two pastors on staff and a board of five elders.
Director of Ministries for Kids 0 -13
- Continually manage the improvement of children’s ministry processes and environments.
- Lead in the recruitment, coaching, and training of children’s ministry and middle school ministry volunteers.
- Partner with parents in raising children to know Jesus and make him known.
- Oversee curriculum planning and development for children ages PreK – 8th grade.
- Lead a weekly bible study/community group for middle school students.
- Control inventory of supplies and other needs in the ministry area.
We realize that it’s unusual to combine children’s ministry with middle school ministry. However, at this time, we believe that our philosophy of ministry allows for these two roles to be combined. Good News Church is a simple church (feel free to check out
the book “Simple Church” by Rainer and Geiger to learn more). Our children’s ministry consists of a Sunday morning program called KidZone, and does not include lots of side projects like Mom’s Morning Out or VBS. Similarly, our middle school ministry has
not been a complex combination of concerts, ski trips, summer camps, 15-passenger vans, and bake sales. Our kids are used to a weekly meeting and relationships, with parents doing the bulk of the discipling in their kid’s lives. The next staff member at
Good News will be tasked with improving these ministries while simultaneously keeping them simple.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- At least two years experience working with children and/or youth in a church setting
- A self-starter with excellent people and communications skills
- Someone who is compatible with our philosophy of ministry (ie: contemporary but not showy, simple, outward-focused… we are not an Acts 29 church, but we’d fit in with that network just fine.)