Title: Director of Worship
Position: Part Time (25 hours per week) Salaried, at-will employee
Accountability: Senior Pastor and Council
Ministry Description: The Director of Worship will provide leadership and oversight in the area of corporate worship. This person will work closely with the senior pastor and worship planning team in providing worship services that are:
God-glorifying, reverent, formative and transformational.
Personal Qualifications needed for the Director of Worship
- Posses a love for Christ and His church.
- Be at team player.
- Model a godly lifestyle.
- Have proven leadership skills.
- Have gifts in the area of music & the arts.
- Have excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Have the ability to mentor next generation leaders.
- Proficient in instrumentation, preferably piano.
- Be able to challenge and equip people who possess a variety of skills and giftedness.
- Have an eager and teachable spirit.
- Be a self starter.
- Be a team builder.
- Be responsible for the organization all worship services.
- Responsible for communicating and coordinating all areas of worship service to include: Communion, Profession of Faith, Baptism, volunteers.
- Organize qualified praise teams for Sunday worship services.
- Lead or provide leadership for weekly praise team practice.
- Be member of the Worship Committee.
- Recruit and challenge team members to attend worship conferences and further training.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Prepare and be accountable for budget of all ministries under worship.
- Report in writing semi monthly to Council.
- Coordinate and communicate with the Senior Pastor to promote continuity of all worship services.
- Any other work assigned by the Senior Pastor.