We are a non-denominational New Testament church in a growing suburb of Atlanta. We pride ourselves in having a great family environment that reaches many different ages and stages of life. Our ministry environments include a blended worship, relevant,
Bible-based teaching style, small groups and various social activities throughout the year.
Our deepest desire is to see the community come to know the loving grace of our Father. Everything we do is about loving people into Christ’s likeness. This starts in the hearts of our church members then it must go into the community in the form of love
The Director is to function in the capacity of a paid Christian worker and serving
God with special emphasis on children from nursery through 5th grade.
- Work with the Education Ministry Team and its leader in developing and maintaining effective Sunday morning Bible school and Children's Church programs;
- Wednesday night activities;
- Children's social activities and Vacation Bible School.
- Recruit Bible school, VBS and other training class teachers and coaches and provide them with initial and continuing training and encouragement where needed.
- Attend Staff Meetings, along with other members of the HMCC staff, to coordinate and integrate children's program plans and activities with overall plans and activities of the church.
- See the full job description for further clarification.
- This leader must live out the principles found in Galatians 5:22-26, 1 Timothy 3:1-7, and Titus 1:6-9
- Understands it is a privilege to serve the Lord in vocational ministry and that those who serve God on staff at HMCC are expected to embrace a high biblical standard of conduct and lifestyle both public and personal.
- Shows a desire to work hard within the church to further it’s reach and influence in the community
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well with staff and volunteers alike
- A Bachelor’s Degree (completed or in the process of completion)
- Good organizational skills and proficient in technology.
- Comfortable recruiting volunteers
- Excellent communication skills
The salary level for this position is a full-time salary and is negotiable.
The Director of Children's Ministry is ultimately responsible to the elders of HMCC, but receives day-to- day supervision (guidance, direction and council) from the Senior Minister.