Bridgeway Community Church
The worship pastor is a spiritual and organizational leader who oversees the worship of Bridgeway Community Church. Oversight of the worship ministry includes, but is not limited to, leading our community worship; implementation of Bridgeway’s vision, mission,
and strategy in the worship area; crafting the themes for each service in conjunction with the lead pastor; training and nurturing team members while working with various groups throughout the church to use music and the arts for worship; ensuring each worship
service is led in such a way that the congregation has an opportunity for an authentic encounter with God’s presence.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
- Experience in leading worship, vocalists, and musicians.
- Track record of success as a team builder.
- Proficiency in playing piano or guitar with the ability to lead while playing.
- Experience as a leader and recruiter of volunteers in all areas of worship ministry in a church, while nurturing talent in multiple age groups.
- Experience in leading worship that transcends modern, contemporary and traditional genres.
- Minimum of 2 years of worship leadership experience and a qualified worship degree.
- Heart for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation and the worship ministry.
- Relational skills and a passionate presence for leading worship.
- Skilled in the use of technology in worship and in the use of sound, lighting, computers, and video projection.
- Ability to incorporate other art forms as needed.
- Commitment to ongoing personal and professional growth.
- Fully support the statements and strategies of Bridgeway Community Church.
- Must have strong vocal skills.
- Must have a teachable heart.
- Build the necessary teams to carry out the worship areas of Bridgeway Community Church.
- Plan the corporate worship service in consultation with the lead pastor and worship team.
- Direct all weekly activities and rehearsals as necessary.
- Introduce worship teams to worship training provided by other ministries, books, and conferences.
- Set annual goals (Key Result Areas - KRAs) for the worship ministry that are in line with our vision and evaluate regularly how goals have been attained and modify as needed.
- Intentionalize the spiritual formation of the worship team members.
- Perform other responsibilities as determined by lead pastor and be open to change and the shifting of responsibilities as growth and ministry develop.