This position is flexible depending on the abilities and flexibility of the person God sends to serve LHBC. This position is starting Part-Time, with possibility of becoming Full-Time with extra responsibilities.
As the Youth Pastor, the primary responsibilities are as follows:
- Conduct Wed/Sun services for 7th-12th graders
- Coordinate Special Youth Events (camp, other events)
- Communicate with others involved with youth (staff, parents, youth leaders)
Extra responsibilities, depending on experience and desire for more work hours, may include:
- Family Ministry (Faith at Home)
- Churchwide event planning
- Outreach, Evangelism, and Missions
- Equipping, encouraging, and maintaining volunteers
- 1st Impressions teams
- Working with the Life After School or Kid Connections programs (weekday community programs)
- Other pastoral duties
Lake Highlands Baptist Church is a neighborhood church located near White Rock Lake in Dallas currently running 200-250 on Sundays. We are in an urban setting - over 8,000 people live within a mile of the church building and two schools are within 1/2 a
mile. If you attended a service with us, you would notice we are multi-generational, mostly Anglo (which matches our community), play blended worship, and have a heavy emphasis on children's ministry. We also run two weekday programs as a service and outreach
bridge to our community - after school care and a mother's day out program.