Sacramento Valley Teen Challenge is a 13-16 month residential Christian discipleship ministry which targets men and women 18 years and older with life-controlling problems. We were established in the Sacramento area in 1974 and are an accredited member of
Teen Challenge International, USA which was started in 1958. Presently we operate two centers for men (in Sacramento and Lincoln) and two centers for women and women with their children (in Yuba City and Anderson.) We are looking for male advisers for the
Sacramento and Lincoln centers and female advisers for the Anderson center.
An Adviser is one who is called to disciple others. They are responsible to lead by example those who are following after Christ. There is a rainbow of optional ministries available to Advisers depending upon their gifts and abilities. They are primarily
responsible for the students under their care. Men advisers minister to men and women advisers minister to women. This is an entry-level ministry position.
- Solid Christian with a sense of a call on their lives and a teachable spirit.
- In harmony with the Teen Challenge Mission and Tenets of Faith.
- A single individual who can live-in (unless given an exception due to their life circumstances), or married individuals with circumstances which free them for ministry work.
- Baptized in the Spirit.
- Minimum of high school diploma (or GED).
- Able to counsel and minister to people one on one.
- Qualifications found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7.
- Able to teach and preach.
- Active member of their church.
- Meeting with students in the program that are assigned to them for discipleship.
- Supervise the students during different activities.
- Teach in the Group Studies rotation.
- Depending upon the individual’s gifts and calling, they may be called to be involved in some of the following: a) preaching; b) leading group counseling; c) leading worship; d) leading a choir for church services; e) organizing sports and recreational outings;
f) operating a center enterprise; g) leading an outreach into the streets, institutions, schools, etc.; i) food service, etc.
- Shall perform other duties, as requested.
- That every student is treated with love and respect.
- That all correction is done with a balance between love and truth – always speaking the truth in love.
- That all teaching and advice is scripturally sound.
- That all communication with fellow staff members, students, and the public is in a positive, patient, and encouraging manner.
- That every responsibility is handled in a diligent, safe and faithful manner.