GATEWAY BAPTIST WORSHIP PASTOR
The Worship Pastor is an integral part of the Sunday morning and Wednesday night corporate worship services. The worship pastor is called to the Gospel ministry of Jesus Christ and uses his spiritual gifts through the leading of worship style music. The
Worship pastor has strong leadership skills with a natural ability to connect with both individuals and large groups of people. The Worship pastor is seasoned in both traditional and contemporary styles of worship and can blend both types of music seamlessly.
The worship Pastor is more than just a singer; he is also good communicator that encourages people to the call of worship.
- Report and communicate with the senior leadership of the church.
- Promote the vision of the church within your ministry.
- Plan the weekly worship music.
- Organize scheduled weekly practices with the Praise Band.
- Coordinate scheduled practices with the choir.
- Manage the Praise band team.
- Promote and lead the Choir team.
- Recruit new members to the praise band and Choir
- Other duties that the Senior Pastor may call upon to perform.
Skills that are beneficial
- Theological school or training.
- Formal musical education
- Knowledge of a broad range of music styles.
- Able to engage the congregation in both song and word.
- Extensive knowledge in audio and video engineering
- Literate in both Mac and Windows computers.
- Proficient in Pro-presenter software
- Understand the use of click tracks and audio loops.
- Class B Commercial Driver’s License
Current activities the Worship Pastor
Weekly service on Sunday and Wednesday, Easter services, Christmas programs, Funerals, Weddings, Senior club day, Children’s music camp, VBS