About the Children’s Minister Position
Buchanan Christian Church (BCC) is seeking to hire a full-time Children’s Minister to partner with us in raising up children to love and serve Jesus Christ. The primary areas of responsibility will be: 1) Leadership and development of all ministries to
children birth through fifth grade, and 2) Leadership and development of our Happiness Train preschool ministry. The Happiness Train preschool meets two days per week throughout the school year.
Candidates for our Children’s Minister Position should:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in Children’s Ministry or Early Childhood Education
- Have 0-10 years of ministry experience [we are willing to consider recent college graduates, and individuals who will be graduating by May/June 2018].
- Have the following characteristics:
- Genuine and growing love for God and others
- High level of personal spirituality and integrity
- Genuine passion and vision for ministry to children from birth through fifth grade
- Be a self-starter with an excellent work ethic
- Good interpersonal skills
- Experience in working with ministry volunteers
- Strong organization and administration skills
- Be a team-player who puts others first
- Humility and willingness to learn
- Agreement with our Statement of Faith and commitment to teach and minister in accordance with our doctrinal commitments. (Our statement of faith can be viewed at
A Full Job-Description is available upon request. Contact Senior Minister Nathan Babcock at
firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply for this position send: 1) A cover letter which briefly introduces yourself, your relationship with Christ, and your call to and vision for ministry; and 2) Your up-to-date resume
complete with education, experience, and references to
About Buchanan Christian Church
BCC is a congregation of 150-200 members whose mission is to be and to make disciples of Jesus who serve God by serving others. Our core values are the authority of the Word of God, the work of the Holy Spirit, dependence upon God in prayer, intergenerational
ministry, excellence in everything, and practical Christian unity.
Our ministry staff is composed of four team members: the Senior Minister, the Director of Worship Arts, and two part-time administrative assistants. We are an elder-led congregation and our board of elders currently consists of six men who are dedicated
to the mission and ministry of God’s kingdom.
Address: 112 W. 3rd Street Buchanan, MI. 49107
Office Phone: 269-695-6621