New Life Christian Church, based in Morton, Illinois, is a multi-site church with two campuses. Our average Sunday morning attendance across both campuses regularly reaches 500. We launched our first multi-site campus in January of 2012 in Washington, Illinois.
In the summer of 2016 they completed a build-out of a retail space and settled into a permanent facility. Each week at New Life we strive to engage God through modern worship and relevant messages and we love to facilitate a community feel through all of our
The role of the Campus Pastor (CP) is to support the Senior Pastors (SP) oversight of the life and direction of his appointed campus under the direction and leadership of the Senior Pastor (SP) and Elders. This will require a firm grasp of the beliefs, values
and strategy of New Life Christian Church and the ability to align staff and key leadership teams with its mission, vision, and values. The CP will support the SP by offering additional pastoral organization, administration and shepherding to the campus where
they are primarily ministering. The CP will also support the SP in ensuring that the systems, practices and policies of the church responsibly and effectively support its ministry activities.
The Campus Pastor will be primarily responsible for:
Modeling Biblical priorities: Responsible for upholding Biblical priorities and core values of New Life Christian Church. The CP should reflect a growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ. The CP should model a strong, Christian relationship
with family, the church and outsiders. These objectives are accomplished by:
- Committing to a daily quiet-time with God.
- Participating in a New Life small group or mentorship/accountability on a regular basis.
- Setting appropriate boundaries to protect character and integrity.
- Developing personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church.
- Supporting the ministries of New Life by faithfully giving generously and regularly of income.
- Adhering to and encompassing the qualities and characteristics required of New Life’s employees, as defined by the Staff Handbook.
Strategic leadership and Planning: Responsible for championing New Life Christian Church’s vision and values at the campus location. The CP will assist the SP and Elders in strategic planning and staff coordination in the execution of the
church’s mission and vision by participation in executive level meetings with the SP. The CP will support the SP by providing additional leadership on their appointed campus as together they accomplish the goals and action plans established by the SP. The
CP will provide insight into catalyzing challenges and activities which allow New Life to remain true to its mission and vision. This leadership and input will be provided through many activities including:
- Participating in executive, staff and oversight meetings in order to strategize, clarify and execute New Life’s goals and objectives.
- Monitoring and reporting the pulse of the site through research and evaluation of attendance, giving, small group participation, baptisms, volunteer engagement, community transformation, etc.
- Ensuring staffing, facilities and programs are appropriately and effectively aligned to best meet strategic goals and New Life’s vital values and vision.
- Assisting the management of the campus budget and providing needed communication in the large variety of financial functions of the church including: stewardship campaigns, leases and budget development (where applicable, not to interfere with executive
director or finance director duties).
- Fulfilling other pastoral and administrative duties in concert with the SP (weddings, funerals, baptisms, child dedications, counseling, shepherding, etc.) or other tasks which might not be considered part of the normal job description.
Oversight of Campus Worship Experience: Responsible for ensuring that all worship experiences are executed with excellence (in conjunction with worship director). The CP displays excellent communication skills, the ability to make sound
decisions, high level networking and relational strengths that enhance each worship experience. These objectives are accomplished by:
- Preaching, teaching and leading in small, medium and large group settings as needed and communicated through and by SP.
- Planning and executing worship and other creative elements to complement the teaching in each ministry environment.
Staff Supervision and Development: Provides leadership to the campus teams. The CP, under the oversight of the SP, will lead and mentor existing staff in their respective areas of ministry and prioritize volunteer development in leadership
and service. Includes the following responsibilities:
- Empowering staff and volunteer leaders to lead their ministries and operations
- Provide coaching to the staff and volunteers in the design and implementation of all church ministries including periodically evaluating appropriate changes to organizational structure to reflect ministry strategy.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in a related ministry field, MA or MDIV preferred
- Evidence of a deepening relationship with God (Bible, prayer, obedience to the Holy Spirit) that inspires others
- High relational capabilities and able to motivate and work with adults
- Flexibility in ministry approach with an eye for excellence
Commensurate with experience, education, and training
Email a cover letter, resume (with references), and a video teaching sample to Thad at firstname.lastname@example.org