a Responsible for design and development of digital graphic arts design.
b Responsible for all non-digital church graphic presentation materials including posters, flyers, promotional materials and facilities signage.
c This is not a video production or editing role.
• Weekend Service and Event Production
a Responsible for execution of live audio, video, lighting, computer graphic design and webcasting/video transmission for all church worship services and live events.
b Support the media pastor as a technical support liaison for all guest events, tours and conferences hosted at NCC.
c Assist Academy media director facilitating volunteer teams to perform live audio, video, lighting, computer graphic support and webcasting/video transmission for all school live events.
- Shepherding, Training, and Recruiting Volunteer Team
a Support media pastor in the development of volunteers in media department. Includes training for live and recording audio, lighting programming and live production, computer graphic generation and execution for live events, computer
network basic workstation competency, live video production including camera work, direction and post-production work, and audio/video archiving creation and maintenance.
b Perform other duties as assigned with demonstrated flexibility in scheduling and job assignment.
c Developing and fostering meaningful relationships with team members for the expansion of the Kingdom and glorification of Jesus.
• Media Maintenance
a Responsible for audio, video, and graphic archiving needs of the organization including sermon media, in-house produced promotional materials, special event recordings, and ministry specific archival recordings.
b Works with media pastor to maintain and upgrade media equipment as needed.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Preferred two years of experience in administration or equivalent work experience.
- Preferred two years of experience in working with PC applications such as Microsoft Office and scheduling software such as EMS, and data base software.
- Commitment to developing working knowledge and application of NCC mission, vision, values, dreams, and ministry strategy and displayed ability to implement within ministry emphasis. Active yearly contribution to the establishment or revisited organizational
goals. Provides input and feedback responsibly.
The selected individual must attend NCC and become a participating member of Northshore Christian Church, including active participation in an NCC small group, within six (6) months of their date of hire.
Theological and behavioral alignment: Understands and agrees with Northshore’s belief statements, including Northshore’s Policy on Marriage and Sexuality. Agrees to behaving and teaching/counseling others only in a manner consistent with Northshore’s beliefs.
Willing sign Northshore’s Moral Code of Conduct in attest to this agreement.
Alcohol and drug use: Agrees to adhere to Northshore policy on alcohol, drugs and controlled substances, including testing provisions.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to build knowledge and skills.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and
group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed; Exhibits a Christ-like confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against God’s standard of excellence.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments. Dresses appropriately
to project a professional image and responsibility as a role model.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Is open to increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Computer Skills - Knowledge, experience, and/or willingness to learn necessary computer hardware/software skills (e.g. word processing, e-mail, internet, etc.) required for this position.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee must be able to move about the campus and buildings; use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to sit or reach with
hands and arms.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel
so classified. All personnel may be required to perform related duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
June 27, 2017 Revised