Rock Church, Danville, Illinois
Worship & Media Pastor Job Description
Hello from the Rock Church here in Danville, IL. We are a non-denominational, mission’s-minded, growing church of 200 regular attenders. Besides local missions we send teams to Kenya, Bulgaria ,Mexico, and currently looking at Peru. We are looking for a
Spirit-filled Worship Pastor. We are looking for someone who has been baptized in the Holy Spirit and leads worship with a prophetic edge. We see people every week saved, healed and delivered by the power of God. The Worship Pastor is responsible for the shepherding,
recruiting, and training of musicians and tech team members at The Rock Church. The Worship Pastor will collaborate with the pastor(s) and other team members to ensure excellence, in a holy Spirit driven worshipful environment,
We, as Senior Pastors at the Rock Church are Christ for the Nations graduates as well as teachers of Youth Ministry there.We also served as missionaries to Bulgaria for ten years. and we believe in celebration-type praise and intimate worship as a part of
a worship service. You need to be able to play and lead with a guitar. We believe the height of our praise determines the depth of our worship. We don’t target an age group; we target an attitude.
Our mission is to build a family of hope-filled believers who partner with the Holy Spirit to persuade people far from God to take a “Journey into God’s Greatness.” A journey that provokes people to live and love like Christ
R evival The personal, regional, and global expansion of God’s kingdom through
life changing encounters with His presence. (worship/word)
O perating in the gifts (power) and fruit ( character) of the Holy Spirit to advance hope and healing in
the church and community
C hildren and youth trained to be anointed positive change agents at home,
at school, at church, and around the world.
K now God and make Him Known as the God of the impossible, whose love has no
Salary will commensurate with Experience and Education between $35-$39k starting
Paid Vacation, Christmas Bonus, paid time off for extra hours worked by salary employees, half of insurance paid by the church, paid Birthday off , Missions trips, Pastors appreciation event that honors all pastors on staff, variety working with various
teams youth, children and adults. Willing to negotiate with traveling ministry transition 4 weekends on 1 weekend off.
The Worship Pastor will oversee the worship (music) and tech portions of services and events including:
-song selection collaboration with the Sr pastor
-Audio, lighting, media, video, and staging as well as the scheduling and training of these teams
-Developing worship teams and leaders that continue to pursue excellence and the liberty of the Holy Spirit in worship
- Assist in building the generational pipeline of worship ministry at the Rock by developing the current Children’s worship team and the youth worship team.
-Active involvement in mentoring, shepherding, and shaping the worship team(s)as well assisting in the pastoral responsibilities such as visiting the sick, small group ministry, and website assistance, as needed
- Love for Jesus and a desire to see lives and communities changed by the Gospel
- A heart to reach the unchurched and uncommitted
- Be baptized in the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues
- Teachable, humble spirit
- Fulfills the character qualifications of an elder as taught in the Scriptures
- Blends well with our church leadership team
- Supports the mission and vision of the Rock Church
- Demonstrates strength in leadership and team building
- Possesses pastoral influence, verbal communication skills, and cultural awareness
- Has a heart to lead and serve others in worship through song
- Leads with a guitar
- know how to use worship to create an atmosphere for the gifts of the Spirit such as healing, miracles ,and prophecy. Currently every Sunday someone is getting healed, or saved
- A background in bible college with at least an associates degree
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Gift of leadership and team building
- “Get it done” and “what can I do to Help” attitudes
- Flexibility, and the ability to troubleshoot on the fly
- Ability to recruit volunteers
- Demonstrates musical skills (preferably guitar and vocals) necessary for leading worship with excellence
- Familiar with the programs Planning Center, and Pro Presenter
- Knowledge in the areas of live audio and video, and website maintenance is helpful
- Ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality and trust
- Proven ability to work with and maintain positive, loyal relationships with those inside and outside the church
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (SAMPLE MAY VARRY)
SUNDAY MORNING WORSHIP (4 HOURS):
- Coordinates set-up function and repair of equipment
- Leads worship for weekend services
- Oversees all areas of production (audio, lighting, media, video, etc.)
- Oversees the physical stage and equipment
WORSHIP PRACTICE (2 HOURS):
- Prepares for worship team practice (copies made, instruments ready, etc.).
- Leads mid-week practice for any, and all, available scheduled musicians
- Develops a worship team who is rehearsed and prepared for Sunday mornings
ORGANIZES SUNDAY MORNING WORSHIP (4 HOURS)
- Selects songs, work on new songs and song list with the Sr Pastor for weekend services
- Learns and practices new songs
- Updates Planning Center
ORGANIZES SUNDAY MORNING PRODUCTION TEAMS (2 HOURS)
- Recruits volunteers for worship, audio, and media teams
- Trains volunteers for worship, audio, and media teams
LEADING AND DISCIPLING OF VOLUNTEERS (2 HOURS)
- Invests in team members by taking them to lunch, coffee, etc.
- Works with musicians outside of practice
STAFF MEETINGS (2 HOURS)
- Attends weekly meetings with leadership team
- Comes prepared to collaborate with other pastors and staff to carry out the overall mission and vision of The Rock Church
STAFF DEVELOPMENT (2 HOURS)
- Meets weekly with Pastor for personal development
- Invests in suggested readings, videos, etc.
Wednesday midweek service (3 Hours)
- Leads worship for special events (Good Friday, Christmas Eve, etc.)
- Participates in church activities (local missions, “all-church” events, informational meetings, etc.)
- Offer lessons in voice, guitar, piano, ect
- Develop a yearly conference with Sr Pastor and have some community outreach events
- Occasionally lead a small group and help with projects around the church
- Our Worship Style is: Jesus Culture, Kari Jobe, Elevation, Passion, Kim Walker Smith, Hillsong United…. we would love to write our own more. We like a prophetic edge and aren’t afraid to try new songs. .
Applications in the form of a resume will be received now until the position is filled. If you are interested in submitting your application, please either mail or email your resume, photo (or family photo), along with a video example of your ministry or
how to find it online. Thank you very much. If you are more interested in the hosly Spirit Significanceand Influence than just another job this is the place for you
PLEASE INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING
Experience; Education; Instrument capabilities: (How long you have played instrument(s)?); Church Background; Your pastor’s name & phone number; Job References: (How long did you work there? What was your job? Who was and is your Pastoral Oversight?); Married/Single;
Any Kids?; Your Age; Male/Female?
OUR MAILING ADDRESS:
Attn. Bonnie Downing
20 Poland Rd.
Danville, IL 61832
EMAIL ADDRESS: email@example.com
OUR WEBSITE: www.rockchurchdanville.com( a new one is being built, so excuse our mess)
If there are any restrictions in how or where we should contact you, please let us know.
Thank you so much for your time.
Pastors Randy & Bonnie Downing