PLEASE APPLY HERE ---> http://bit.ly/2hmyY8z
About the Organization:
For over 60 years, Wieuca Road Baptist Church has been Loving God, Connecting People, and Changing Lives. It is a community of faith seeking to be transformed into the image of Christ. The church believes that as they grow in discipleship, their families,
their community, and their world will become more and more like the Kingdom of God.
Wieuca is a warm and welcoming traditional and progressive Baptist church. They have served the community from the corner of Peachtree and Wieuca since 1956. For more than 60 years, worship services have provided Christian hope and inspiration to generations
of North Atlantans. The church is proud of its history, they celebrate their legacy, and they continue to dream boldly for their neighborhood and city while following God into the future.
- Weekly Attendance: 200
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Denomination & Affiliations: Progressive Baptist (Affiliated with the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship)
About the Position:
The Senior Pastor position will be best fulfilled by a visionary servant-leader, who is gifted in nurturing healthy relationships and can effectively communicate the vision God has placed in his heart for Wieuca Road Baptist Church. The successful candidate
will be a model of Christ-centered leadership for the entire congregation, and will demonstrate the ability to strategically and collaboratively discern the ministry priorities of Wieuca and empower its staff to further support the congregation in all areas
of discipleship and evangelism.
What We Are Searching For/Qualifications:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Senior Pastor:
Master’s Degree and/or Doctorate from an accredited Seminary.
The ideal candidate should have a background in nurturing and presiding over the growth of a church in a culturally relevant setting. It is critical this person lives in the local Buckhead community. Further, the successful candidae will clearly demonstrate and publicly
professes a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. A “Statement of Faith” should be provided.
- Led a church in understanding, embracing, and accomplishing its mission to develop disciples locally and globally, and engage followers in worship, community, and ministry.
- Devised and implemented the church’s vision.
- Executed strategies to achieve short-range and long-range spiritual and organizational goals and objectives.
- Spearheaded and managed outreach and pastoral efforts (community engagement, biblical counseling, wedding and funeral services, etc.)
- Planned worship services and events.
- Collaborated with appropriate committees and program leaders to implement ministries reaching out to unchurched, inactive, and new residents of the community; direct assimilation of new members into congregation.
- Equipped and managed staff and volunteers to coordinate services and internal/external events.
About the Location:
Wieuca Road Baptist is located in Buckhead, an affluent uptown district of Atlanta, Georgia. Buckhead is a major commercial and financial center of the Southeast. Buckhead’s skyline is populated with high-rise office buildings, hotels, and condominiums that
form a highly urbanized core along the famous Peachtree Road. Surrounding the Buckhead city center, you will find residential communities, great schools, parks, walking trails, fine restaurants, and shopping throughout the area.
Buckhead is a suburb of Atlanta metro, which has the fifth largest population in the U.S. with 5.7 million residents. Atlanta is considered to be a top business city and a primary transportation hub of the Southeastern U.S. The city contains the world headquarters
of corporations such as Coca-Cola, Home Depot, UPS, Delta Air Lines and Turner Broadcasting.
Although traditional Southern culture is part of Atlanta's cultural fabric, it's mostly the backdrop to one of the nation's leading international cities. This unique cultural combination reveals itself at the High Museum of Art, the bohemian shops of Little
Five Points, and the multi-cultural dining choices found along Buford Highway. Atlanta also hosts a variety of history museums and attractions, including the Atlanta History Center, The Carter Center, and the Martin Luther King, Jr. National Historic Site.
The city is also home to a number of post-secondary educational institutions including Atlanta University Center (Clark, Morehouse and Spelman), Georgia Institute of Technology, Georgia State University, and Emory University.
PLEASE APPLY HERE ---> http://bit.ly/2hmyY8z