North Way Christian Community is an interdenominational and multi site church of 4000+ members with five campuses in the Pittsburgh, PA area. Each campus is led by an on-site Campus Pastor supported by a leadership team, elders, staff and volunteers.
Members come from various church backgrounds, but have found common ground in contemporary worship, biblical teaching, and have a strong passion for following Jesus and for serving our community.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Associate Campus Pastor in our Wexford Campus.
The Associate Campus Pastor shall partner with the Campus Pastor to provide pastoral care, counsel and sacerdotal functions to meet the needs of the campus community, as well as leading and supporting Family Ministry at the Wexford Campus. The general
- To shepherd and care for the campus congregational community and local community, as appropriate. Assist with community care in such areas as weddings, funerals and memorial services, hospital visitations, etc.
- Delivery of consistent and spiritual experiences by Pastoring and leading the community from the platform, including hosting services and possible occasional preaching.
- Support the Campus Pastor in oversight of the planning and execution of activities at the campus in order to grow the spiritual health, maturity, reach and stewardship of the campus community, through the day-to-day operations of the campus.
- Leading and oversight of Family Ministry, to include kids ministry and student ministry, to promote and provide excellent experiences for spiritual growth for all ages within these ministries.
- Partnering with the Ministry Champions/Directors from central support to ensure North Way standards are in place, implemented and upheld.
- Developing the capability of leaders, staff and volunteers alike by creating and maintaining an invitation and welcoming culture.
- Partner with the Campus Pastor to develop specific goals and expectations for the campus and ministries, considering the strategic plan and vision of the church as a whole.
- Note that this position requires weekend and evening presence and participation in various ministries, activities and events
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field strongly preferred, or a minimum of five years equivalent experience in ministry
- Ordained Pastor with a minimum of three years’ experience in a leadership role in applicable setting; experience in a multi-site organization very helpful.
- Experience in leading teams of paid staff and volunteers
- Experience in Family Ministry preferred (students or kids ministry), 5-8 years experience preferred
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to promote “good morale” amongst the team
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills required
- Demonstrate a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him
To apply, please forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org