The Church at LifePark located in Mount Pleasant, SC is seeking a full-time Student Minister.
The Student Minister at The Church at LifePark will be directly responsible for the oversight and leadership of the High School and Middle School Ministries in addition to the day-to-day execution of the High School Ministry. The Student Minister will aim
to lead students into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, inspire their spiritual growth as Christians, and partner with parents by equipping them to be on mission with God every day. This will be accomplished through relational and organized ministry,
small groups, Bible studies, leadership/discipleship development, student worship gatherings, and evangelistic outreach in an age appropriate manner. The Student Minister will also strive to influence the next generation by equipping volunteer leaders and
parents to lead students toward spiritual growth.
* Lead the middle and high school ministry staff in the development and implementation of the ministry’s values and strategic initiatives.
* Create and maintain excellent high school ministries that are well-balanced with weekly opportunities, trips/camps, and routine special events focused in the areas of: worship, evangelism, discipleship, ministry and fellowship.
* Connect with students by modeling everyday Christianity through preaching, teaching, discipling, sharing the Gospel and being a visible leader.
* Create environments that are welcoming and accepting to students, biblically accurate, creative, transparent, and encourage laughter and celebration.
* Connect with students through on-campus and extracurricular involvement. Engage with students through consistent high school lunch visits, social media, participation in on-campus ministries, and attendance of high school extracurricular activities.
* Recruit, train, develop and empower dynamic student and adult volunteer leaders in the ministry.
* Maintain a student check-in and registration process, strategic follow-up plan for new or absentee students and security policies/practices.
* Oversee the transition process of 8th graders into high school ministry.
* Function as a member of the LifePark ministerial staff: assist in conducting baptism interviews and services; hospital visits or home visits; funeral support; counseling sessions with students and/or families; preach, teach or lead Bible studies as
* Partner with parents in the equipping of raising strong Christian children.
* Additional Responsibilities:
- Manage the development and oversight of the annual high school and middle school budget.
- Communicate pertinent information to staff, leaders, parents, and students in a timely manner.
- Conduct regularly one-on-one meeting with team members for encouragement and evaluation.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
QUALIFICATIONS & ESSENTIAL CHARACTERISITCS
- Possesses a growing and vibrant relationship with Jesus.
- Has a passion for connecting with high school students.
- Has prior experience leading and organizing student ministry.
- Shows respect and good working relationships with other staff members.
- Is a self-motivated leader with a strong work ethic.
- Possesses a Bachelor’s/Seminary Degree (theological, ministry or Christian education).
The Student Minister reports to the Senior Pastor of The Church at LifePark.
The Student Minister supervises the student ministry team and is the lead for the High School Ministry.
Submit resume and application to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 31
Download application: http://churchatlifepark.org/about-us/employment
Located in the Charleston region, the town of Mount Pleasant is known for three things: the quality of life, economic landscape, and its achievements. A mild climate, excellent public schools, low crime rates, abundant housing in a wide price range, ample
opportunities for employment, and access to artistic and cultural amenities fuel the region’s rapid growth. These strong regional factors and the amenities found in the affluent town of Mount Pleasant make it one of the premier communities to be found in the
United States. The award winning town of Mount Pleasant, surrounding metro area, and state of South Carolina have been recognized many times for being a great place to live and work.