The Neighborhood C.A.R.E. Center opened in November 2016 as a missional ministry extension of Grace Covenant Church impeded in a local under-resourced community. The Neighborhood C.A.R.E. Center is a qualified 501(c)(3), served by a Grace Covenant staff
position and volunteers from the church. The Executive Director reports to the Director of Compassion Ministries and is responsible to the Neighborhood C.A.R.E. Center (NCC) Board of Directors. Responsibilities include overseeing the daily operations of
the NCC, focusing on the priorities that best serve the organization’s mission and vision. The Executive Director serves as the volunteer coordinator, primary fundraiser, program developer and community liaison.
A successful individual will possess the following attributes:
- Spirit-filled, Spirit-led
- Leader and Team player
- Team builder
- Strategic thinker
- High capacity for multi-tasking
- Humility in serving others
- Desire to see others exercise their ministry gifts
- Cross-cultural adeptness
- Financial Management
- Commitment to grow and learn
Responsibilities - Specific functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Champion the mission and vision of the NCC to volunteers, the neighbors and the community at large.
- Recruit, train, shepherd volunteer team.
- Manage ongoing and develop new programs that meet the needs of the community.
- Oversee facilities and daily administrative operations.
- Maintain strategic relationships within the community and develop ongoing partnerships with community agencies and non-profits.
- Develop communication materials and oversee communication venues such as website and social media sites.
- Develop annual budget and manage finances to ensure effectiveness.
- Fundraise through events, partnerships and grant submissions.
- Oversee accurate and timely data collection and statistical reporting for sustainable funding.
- Ensure compliance with existing policies and procedures and implement necessary changes after presentation to and approval by the Board.
- Participate in general Grace Covenant Church staff events and meetings
- Faith Foundations: Requirements include saving faith in Jesus Christ and commitment to the Grace Covenant Church mission, core values and essentials of faith.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or relevant practical experience required.
- Experience: Two years of leadership experience as a volunteer or employee in a compassion ministry or non-profit organization.
- Excellent relational, interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills
- Ability to develop goals and implement action plans necessary
- Ability to recruit and train a volunteer team is required
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- High energy with good overall health and physical mobility required
- Administrative and technology proficiencies required
- Bi-lingual abilities preferred but not required.