This position is the primary minister of youth and recreation at the Marshall campus of Mobberly Baptist Church. The internal/organizational job title is Associate Minister of Youth and Recreation - Marshall Campus. (In this case, "Associate" does
not mean 2nd in command or support staff)
Mobberly Baptist Church has an average Sunday attendence of 2700-2800 (both campuses, 4 venues, 7 Sunday services, 2 languages)
Marshall Campus is just over 3 years old and ministers to about 300 people, with an average Sunday attendance of about 200.
Multisite model is "one church, many venues". Marshall campus is led by a local Campus Pastor and ministry staff (including full-time, part-time, and volunteer staff).
- ??Full-time Youth (grades 7-12) and Upward Sports ministry
- Youth Ministry will account for 80% of time and Recreation ministry the other 20%, seasonally.
- Salaried position
- Individual ?Health, retirement, vacation
- Current group 15-20 students on Wednesdays, <10 on Sunday mornings
- Immediate potential for 30-50 students
- Starting Upward Sports ministry from scratch with assistance from Longview campus' successful ministry (incredible opportunity to utilize resources from Longview campus and Longview campus staff).
- Relocate to Marshall, TX
- Focus on engaging diverse community (racially, socio-economically, spiritually)
- Focus on single parent households (47% of mothers in our county single)
- ?Newly renovated Marshall campus facility with dedicated youth space and sports field beginning October 15, 2017.
- Campus has been mobile for 3.5 years; new location offers great opportunity for change and starting new/exciting ministry.
- New location across street from brand new Elementary school (K-5), which means incredible opportunity to engage children in Upward and funnel toward student ministry.
- Looking for someone who is:
- passionate about personal evangelism
- outgoing and energetic
- able to build a leadership team and disciple students
- great with parents of students
- comfortable recruiting and enlisting volunteers for Youth and Upward
- able to manage busy schedule and proactively plan ministry