To fulfill FCC’s mission of inviting the world into a relationship with the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit,
teaching people to follow the way of Jesus, training followers of Jesus
to embrace and use the gifts of the Holy Spirit, and launching disciples
of Jesus into every corner of the world through all ministry departments except for Celebration and Communication.
Though we embrace a shared teaching model, this pastor is responsible on behalf of the Elders to provide leadership to the staff and manage/implement the various ministries of FCC by creating strategies to accomplish the vision as set forth by the Elders
and the Teaching Pastor of Vision and Leadership.
We employ a team ministry strategy with two teaching pastors comprising the staff leadership team. One teaching pastor is focused on vision and leadership and the other is focused on ministry and management. They work together as a team, deferring to one
another’s gifting, experience, and expertise and then speaking into the Eldership with one unified voice.
We are looking for leaders who are spiritually, emotionally, and relationally mature, possessing a genuine desire to serve and a passionate love for the church. They are Kingdom builders, not empire builders, working to declare the gospel and demonstrate
the way of Jesus in every corner of the world. SLT members are expected to embrace the vision, mission, and values of Faith Christian Community as well as our statement of faith. They are individuals with nothing personal to prove, fully committed to team
at every level of ministry, and able to work with diverse groups of people.
- Serves as an Elder
- Collaborates with all members of the Staff Leadership Team (SLT) to oversee every ministry of Faith Christian Community (FCC) except for Celebration and Communication.
- Oversees FCC’s Spiritual Growth (discipleship) strategy assuring consistent and sufficient scope and sequence in all ministry areas except for Celebration and Communication.
- Oversees all aspects of FCC’s Sunday School and/or Small group ministry.
- Preaches 10-18 effective and doctrinally-sound sermons each year.
- Other Pastor/Leadership responsibilities as appropriate:
- Officiates weddings, funerals, etc. as needed.
- Personal challenges to leaders around mission and ministry management.
- Church discipline and/or crisis response.
- Personal Spiritual Passion and Maturity:
- Meets biblical qualifications of an Overseer/Elder (1 Tim. 3 and Tit. 1)
- Exhibits fruit of the Spirit (Gal. 5)
- Ambition for the Kingdom and not for self (Jam. 3)
- Accountable to other faithful me by “doing life together.”
- Understands his own limitations and values the contribution of others (1 Cor. 12)
- Engages in personal and corporate prayer and worship.
- Demonstrates a passion and vision for discipleship in the context of highly relational, gospel-centered communities.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and appreciation for the value of “The Church Gathered” for celebration, training, encouragement, and challenge.
- Must personally embrace FCC’s vision, mission, core values, core practices, and shared beliefs.
- Gifting and Skills:
- Pastor/Teacher and Administration gifting and passion
- High social and relational intelligence
- Professional level competency as a communicator in both large and small group settings.
- Professional level competency in organizational leadership.
- Demonstrates an integrated understanding of the Scriptures and a working knowledge of current and relevant theological issues.
- Proficient in the use of media and social media
- Life-long student and learner
- Excellent administrator
- Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree or higher with an emphasis in ministry, business administration and/or church leadership.
- 10 years previous experience in a church similar to FCC in size and scope with a significant amount of teaching and ministry management.
WORKS CLOSELY WITH:
- FCC Elder Team
- Teaching Pastor (Vision and Leadership)
- Pastor of Operations
- All department leaders (staff or laity) of all ministry areas other than celebration and communication.
- Active Faith Christian Community member
- Perform responsibilities in accordance with the Faith Christian Community Employee Handbook
- Church discipline and/or crisis response
- Maintain a valid passport for ministry site visits throughout the world
Forward resumes and/or inquires:
Faith Christian Community
4240 Wisconsin Street
Anchorage, AK 99517