Mission: To partner with families to lead kids into a transforming relationship with Jesus.
Soul City Kids is the kid’s ministry of Soul City Church. We provide age appropriate gatherings for kids from birth through 5th grade to grow in their relationship with God and each other. Soul City Kids ministry happens on Sundays at all our main church
The Soul City Kids Coordinator is a full-time position that will work with and report to the Family Ministries Director to achieve the mission of Soul City Church and Soul City Kids.
The Coordinator will oversee birth through 5th grade ministry and will be responsible for innovating and executing effective ministry for kids and strategically partnering with the families of Soul City Church. This role will also oversee recruitment of
volunteers and provide leadership for all volunteer teams.
You might be a good fit for this role if you:
- Have a heart to see kids grow in their relationship with God
- Care about the family unit and believe that it’s the church’s job to partner with and empower parents to be the spiritual leader in their kids’ lives
- Are able to build teams of people to accomplish all that we need to do
- Have strong personal skills
- Are a go getter
- Can take vision and execute an effective strategy to obtain the vision
- Are a strong communicator who can inspire various people groups
- Are a learner and listener
- Can be innovative, creative, fun, and hard working
- Have previous kids ministry experience
There will be 3 main areas of focus and responsibilities will include:
1. Kids (Birth-5th grade)
- ·Create and implement age appropriate curriculum/content
- ·Create and develop any necessary programs that help specialize the spiritual development of kids as it relates to their particular stage of development
- ·Create welcoming spaces and environments for kids and families (i.e. rooms and lobbies)
- ·Innovate and create strategy that fosters spiritual transformation and community
- ·Create and implement strategy for outreach to kids who don’t yet attend Soul City Kids
2. Volunteer leaders
- Recruit and onboard new volunteers
- Lead, develop, and train teams and volunteers so that they are operating in their strengths and being most effective in their roles on the Soul City Kids team
- Maintain longevity and consistency of volunteers by implementing various volunteer appreciation initiatives (eg. meal, parties, gifts, cards, etc.)
- Partner with parents/families to bridge the gap from what happens on Sunday to what happens at home.
- Create, develop, and implement a strategy to equip parents to be the spiritual leaders in their kids lives
- Help create community for parents/families outside of Sundays.
- Hold parent connection events.
- Make Soul City Kids a prominent ministry in the community.
Other responsibilities include administrative duties such as getting new families into our system, maintaining Mailchimp lists, follow up, and communication to parents and leaders.
We believe that 7 days a week is greater than 1 day a week. As the Soul City Kids Coordinator you will be responsible to work with the Family Ministries Director to innovate ministry and think outside the box on how kids ministry should be done so that the
Church can be more effective at truly meeting the needs of kids and families beyond Sundays.