Primary Function: To be responsible for the development and oversight of all MCBC ministries directed to youths, elementary to high school with the goal of our youth becoming
devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
Supervised by: Senior Pastor
Work Schedule: Part-Time
- One who exhibits a personal and growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit, and a healthy family life.
- One who is capable of creating and executing a long-term vision for Miles Chapel Baptist Church youth ministry.
- One who is gifted in and is called to youth ministry, loves young people, and has a passion for evangelism and outreach, both personally and at the ministry level.
- An engaging teacher, with a strong Biblical and theological background.
- A self-motivated leader, capable of casting and imparting vision for ministry, possessing relational skills with students, parents, and staff.
Bachelor’s Degree or related field experience with knowledge in elementary thru high school ministry that will advance youths’ spiritual growth. The candidate should also possess basic administrative skills, and a personal spiritual life congruent with biblical
mandates for leaders (1 Timothy 3:1-7).
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and organize effective youth programs implementing fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, and evangelism, as well as ministry and mission opportunities.
- To develop age-specific ministry that will reach and disciple youth while caring for and developing youth as leader.
- To communicate a vision for ministry that is relational, Christ like and purposeful with each group
- Recruit, train and shepherd volunteer youth staff with diverse gifts and personalities.
- Provide counseling and spiritual direction to youth on an individual basis.
- Maintain contact with students and parents, keeping them informed of ongoing activities. Keep parents updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement.
- Support Miles Chapel Baptist Church parents in effectively fulfilling their Christian parenting roles, in concert with other pastoral staff.
- Assist in the development and oversight of the youth ministry budgets; also manage student fees for events and trips in a timely fashion.
- Seek to integrate youth ministry into all phases of church life to create a culture that is intentionally intergenerational, striving to unite with and complement other church ministries.
- Participate as needed or requested in the evaluation and development of the overall church ministry.
- Implementation on oversight of annual Vacation Bible School.
- Other duties as required.
- Grow Miles Chapel Baptist Church Youth Ministry spiritually.
- Be mentored by the Senior Pastor, remaining accountable and responsive to his oversight of the Youth Pastor’s ministry.
- Direct youth worship services and attend weekly staff meetings
- Create and implement a midweek youth program.
- Present semi-annual ministry updates and goals for the coming year at church conference meetings.
- Participate in a yearly job performance review.
- Present a yearly youth budget proposal.
- Stay current with youth ministry practices by reading, attending youth leadership conferences, etc.